Engine Thoughts Slant Six 225 3.7

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I have been seriously thinking about dropping a fresh 225 3.7 engine in my aspen versus me rebuilding the original one. I was thinking of maybe having two of them one for a spare. Is there any known companies or vendors out there who even offers new 225 3.7 slant sixes anymore as in a crate? I wonder if a dealer can still get them? I have a budget of $10,000 to spend on the aspen right now in hand for it to be complete. So shooting for the best. Your thoughts are welcomed. Thank You.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'd say you're looking at rebuild/rebuilt.
As far as I know Chrysler made the last slant.
I do know that MRL who's link you'll find on the right side of this page has done at least one very nice slant.....

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I normally would not even consider something new because I take a lot of pride in working on all my vehicles myself but figured if I could get new why not since I do have a decent engine budget to work with. while back I seen a reman on egg bay but to be honest I am very leery of doing any kind of business with that site. I have had past bad issues with them. Guess I will look around and if I cant find one I will do mine from scratch. Engine is next on my list.

Last edited:

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
a rebuilt slant can be ordered last I checked it was only 1400 for a long block plus shipping. Try Classc industries catalog or the local parts store short blocks and a reman head is another option. yes they still are available. just gotta have $$ with a 10,000 budget you could get a good 80's hydraulic lift engine and get some extra goodies to boot. IMHO as long as its a fresh rebuild you can swap out the cam port a head and put headers and a small 4bbl carb and have one wicked ride thats a kick in the butt and only sipps the gas. that wouldnt even put a dent in 10g:headbang:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Yeah I sold my Harley flat head today so have a little money to play with. Kinda hard for me to ride now days with a previous fusion to my neck and back. I just cant hold the weight of a bike anymore. I will check out the catalog thanks. :headbang:

Last edited:

lowbudget

Reaction score
Watch out for parts store rebuilds as they are slapped together fast using the cheapest parts. You would be better off rebuilding it yourself or finding a rebuilder that you can trust his work. JMO

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back. I have decided to do the 225 3.7 engine I have all stock and keep the matching numbers but all the other engine parts will be new. Hopefully it will be complete in the coming up month. Thank You.

Back