Factory 1993 Chrysler/Infinity 6disc changer trouble code

My imp

Reaction score
I had a fuse blow in the factory 6 disc changer in my trunk. When I replaced the fuse, the trouble code "E-02" showed up on the remote LED. Once again, I'm in Va. Beach, w/o access to the troubleshooting guide for the changer. Last week, that tornado that touched down in Brunswick, Ohio was 500 ft. from my house. Now there's a tropical storm/hurricane bound for the Va. coastline! Oh well, anyone familiar with that code? Unit powers up, head unit works fine, even tried switching discs, but to no avail. 10 hrs down with no tunes! I'm not looking forward to a return trip the same way! I'd really like to keep the factory head unit, but I'd buy an in-dash factory single cd. head unit.

My imp

Reaction score
When the changer blew a fuse, a disc was stuck in the player side, instead of the magazine side. After I removed all the discs, it was able to scan & eject the frozen disc. Bottom line: tunes on the way home!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Good to hear....you gotta have tunes.
I guess your E-02 was a disc malfunction.
The radios in the Caravelle doesn't have codes...it just eats tapes once in a while.... :toothy6:

My imp

Reaction score
Riding solo w/no tunes for 12 hrs totally sucked. Thank God I still have the auto trans in there; as I'd never have made it in bumper to bumper traffic for 3 hrs with a stick!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Bumper to bumper always sucks....
Almost every weekend I go to my trailer and endure an hour and a half worth.
And that's on the highway...
I feel your pain...

Back