finaly back on the ground

tim berry

Reaction score
last year i decided to replace the trans in the car .it turned into an exercize in doing the job 6 times chasing a major leak from the front seal .turns out that the flex plate (sfi rated plate) had to much run out . i got the trans and related parts from hughes trans in arizona. if you need to go this route these folks rock as far as customer service is concerned. turns out that the whole lot of plates were bad .it took about 3months to get it all strait but we worked together to resolve the issue . these folks do business the old fashion way they told me that they would back their product even out of waranty ,how can you beat that !

IMG_20130713_081145.jpg

IMG_20130713_081318.jpg

IMG_20130713_081240.jpg

IMG_20130713_081159.jpg

tim berry

Reaction score
thanks the photos make it look better than what it is paint wise. the car is rust free but the paint has more runs than a boat full of people with disentary !

CMX360

Reaction score
hahahaha. Still a badass car. Does it have a console and V8?

tim berry

Reaction score
The wheels came that way they do have a clear coat on them .they were added by the previous owner the center caps have the 79 300 logo on them they are my favorite wheel that any manufacture put on a car

cordoba-rick

Reaction score
for your interest, cop car r-body speedo is a direct swap for cordoba speedometer and the same car can contribute its oil pressure gauge. I think if I remember right, the oil pressure gauge from a dodge van of the early 80's also will fit. This one I am not sure of.

CMX360

Reaction score
I was wondering if the oil gauge would work. I won a beautiful full R-body cop car cluster and bezel on ebay a few years ago for pocket change. The mileage was even almost the same as the car I'm going to use it in so a few quick spins gave me correct mileage. I don't like having a dummy light for something as important as oil pressure. Plus its much cooler looking.

CMX360

Reaction score
Here it is. Another great part about it is that the gauges are the same style and color as an 82 Mirada as well (no red 55 or high beam light in the speedo). I have another R-body cluster thats completly different. It has different and larger font and theres a lot of orange coloring used.
125 Certified 2.jpg

125 Certified 2.jpg

Back