Flue shots, who gets them?

Justwondering

Reaction score
I never used to get the shots until hubby's ejection fraction fell to 15%.
Now I get flu shots and pneumonia as needed.
He gets flu every year and pneumonia as needed.

Only I touch door handles or shopping carts, not him.
He never goes out shopping, run errands, or fill up gas anymore so we can limit potential germ interactions.

I do wash my hands much more frequently and use more antibacterial fluid than I used to.

Seems to be a working strategy so far.

JW

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I got the shot on Saturday sick Sunday morning and still had a fever this morning along with most other symptoms of the flu. This is getting old.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
i may get one this year. I haven't had one in about 30 years.

i went 14 straight years without one while I was working at Nortel Networks. I was also the person who never got sick, summer or winter. Oddest thing was that the other people in my department (Component Engineering) did, and it always seemed that those who took their flu shots were the ones who got the flu. I had taken 6 sick days in 14 years when I left the company.

Last edited:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Back in 2009 an 2010 I got the flu to the point I was in the hospital for most of a week each time. The second time I had some heart problems from being dehydrated.. so it's been highly recommended that I get a shot every year since.
This is the first time I've ever had a reaction to the shot, I had most of the symptoms of the flu for 9 days and a few for 14, I lost a total of 12 lbs. Will I get a shot next year yes the flu I got in 2010 almost killed me so a tough as the two weeks were following the shot it was far better than March 2010. The shots aren't perfect in 2014 I got the flu even though I had the shot but it was very mild and I only missed three days of work. I had to laugh my wife at the time was pissed off because I missed work and called me lazy among other things and before I started work on Thursday she was sick, she didn't get the shot and was sick for over a week. :rolleyes:
So with my experience I recommend getting the shot even though I was sick this year.
Good luck

volare 77

Reaction score
Got one the other day that was recommended from the doctor since I will be going in the hospital for some surgery.

71_340

Reaction score
I do, every year, Up until May this year I had to because it is mandatory in the military. Now, that I am retired I continue to do so.

Back