SOLD For Sale: 1980 Chrysler LeBaron Medallion 2-Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Contact seller
Greetings everyone. There are some upcoming changes in my work and personal life that makes it necessary for me to sell my 1980 LeBaron Medallion project car. If you’re interested, PM me.

Pictures: http://www.functionbox.org/80LeBaron/

Good:
Brand New Paint.
Freshened engine from a 1989 5th Avenue .
(Used 4-bbl carb from original engine)
Idles and runs fantastic, although it bogs a bit at full throttle.
Brand New Exhaust System, Welded, Real Nice!
NOS Kelsey-Hayes 10-Spoke wheels, domes, and caps – Best you’ll fine!
Brand New white-letter tires.
Brand New Air-Shocks (rear).
Brand New replica door seals.
Sunroof works great.
All lights work great.
Complete NOS Taillights installed on rear.
Brand New Paint, Vinyl Top, Pin Stripes – Looks great!

Bad:
Car has 176,500 Miles.
Lots of rattles and squeaks.
Interior is real rough – blue leather all cracked up, plastic real brittle.
The suspension and steering need a complete rebuild – car floats and wallows down the road like a pontoon boat in a storm.
I filled the air conditioner with R-134, and it worked for about 3 days. System works, blew real cold, but there is a leak.
There is some other issue with the HVAC, weird noises from control box, “whistle” noise that changes with vacuum, no matter where you have the control set, it sends full vacuum to the water valve, so it’s always on full-cold.

I know this car isn’t worth what I have in it – but if somebody wants to buy a great looking car and finish up a half-done resto-mod, PM me. I’d like to put it out there at “Best Offer” and see where this leads. Don’t be shy, the cars gotta go!

PS: The car is located in San Jose, CA.

--- Adam ---

High Speed Pursuit

Reaction score
I hate to hear that you have to sell such a nice looking car...I've been looking for a blue steering wheel and I like yours...can you tell me the model and where you got it? thanks

Cordoba1

Reaction score
I hate to hear that you have to sell such a nice looking car...I've been looking for a blue steering wheel and I like yours...can you tell me the model and where you got it? thanks

I found it on ebay. Search for "Nardi Steering Wheel" -- You'll find it. I feel it is a little too small for the car, and they aren't cheap! But it is a nice piece.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
No firm offers on this yet. I plan to take a new set of comprehensive photos this weekend and post at no reserve on eBay. (Probably on Saturday.)

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
Cordoba- that is such a nice car, you did great work on it.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Cordoba- that is such a nice car, you did great work on it.

Thanks! It is going to a new home in Louisiana - an ex Chrysler engineer. I look forward to seeing what he does with it!

Now my next "Project" is talking a Ram dealer into building me a Power Wagon with leather. (They're specified with heavy-duty cloth interiors, but I believe there are some dealer-installed leather options --- like they have with the Dodge Chargers.)

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
Cordoba, will the new owner be "Joining the cult" here on FMJ?

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Katzkin makes the leather your looking for, I believe they are who do the special Mopar concept cars and the new Mopar edition cars.

Stacey David on the tv show Gearz just had them do some seats for the Ram on that show. They stiched in " Draggin Wagon" on the front of the seat and a Mopar "M" on the side of the seat.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Katzkin makes the leather your looking for, I believe they are who do the special Mopar concept cars and the new Mopar edition cars.

Stacey David on the tv show Gearz just had them do some seats for the Ram on that show. They stiched in " Draggin Wagon" on the front of the seat and a Mopar "M" on the side of the seat.

Oh man! Thanks for the pointer, looks like nice stuff! Price seems right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back