Fuel Pump with oil cooler source

MARCH374

Reaction score
Have 1989 Plymouth GRAN Fury AHB CAR. Looking for one, already check Rock Auto only have w/o Cooler.

Any Suggestions ? Thanks

LSM360

Reaction score
I'm trying to recall, but wasn't it only a special banjo bolt into the fuel pump, and not the pump itself? In other words just different hardware, same pump though as one without cooler.

LSM360

Reaction score
What I ended up doing is I installed a relocated oil filter to the rad support and the cooler runs off those lines. I used a good quality one and braided steel lines and now my filter is away from heat, so much easier to replace during oil changes, and there's ZERO seeping/leaking.

1989FilterTwo.jpg

1989Filter.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I was going to say I thought I read once the only difference was a hole in one of the bolts?

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I’m missing something here, why would you want the heat from the oil anywhere near the fuel, talk about vapor lock.

AHBguru

Reaction score
There were originally two different pumps. One for non-oil cooler cars, one for the squads with the cooler. The bolt (6033087) is actually hollow, and that's where the oil returns to the pan (via the front cover). All discontinued now.

If the bolt and adapter lines are all still good, what I've done is drilled out the hole a bit on the pump to accommodate the hollow bolt. Use a Carter or Delphi pump. They tend to last a bit longer.

Screenshot_20240403_184019_Chrome.jpg

Back