Funny !

kkritsilas

Reaction score
honda racing didn't develop the mighty Hemi, that design has led to 8000+ HP engines used in Top Fuel alcohol dragsters. This is a Mopar based site, remember and respect MaMopar.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Mopar, our cars, or Mopar's history. I have not, ever, on this site or any other site, disrespected Mopar. I have no doubt that the legacy of the Mopar engines (slant 6, LA V8, Magnum V8, Hemi V8, B and RB big blocks and the mighty 392/426 Hemi) is completely justified, and perhaps not as respected by others as much as it should be. If I didn't respect Mopar, I wouldn't be here trying to resurrect a 1982 Mirada, and sweating bullets to find a windshield for it.

However, none of that blinds me to the accomplishments of other brands, be they other American brands, or foreign brands. Just because I like and immensely respect Mopar, doesn't mean I need to disrespect other brands. There is enough respect to go around, and Mopar never did, nor do they now, have the good idea market cornered. That is the way it is for me.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I have nothing but the utmost respect for Mopar, our cars, or Mopar's history. I have not, ever, on this site or any other site, disrespected Mopar. I have no doubt that the legacy of the Mopar engines (slant 6, LA V8, Magnum V8, Hemi V8, B and RB big blocks and the mighty 392/426 Hemi) is completely justified, and perhaps not as respected by others as much as it should be. If I didn't respect Mopar, I wouldn't be here trying to resurrect a 1982 Mirada, and sweating bullets to find a windshield for it.

However, none of that blinds me to the accomplishments of other brands, be they other American brands, or foreign brands. Just because I like and immensely respect Mopar, doesn't mean I need to disrespect other brands. There is enough respect to go around, and Mopar never did, nor do they now, have the good idea market cornered. That is the way it is for me.

I do have respect for other companies.
For example..two good buddies of mine...also fellow car guys represent the other two of the big three..
One is a total Ford guy (yet owns a Mopar), the other is a total GM guy.
My Ford buddy has a 70 Mustang with a warmed up 351
The GM buddy has a 72 LeMans with a 454..
Both nice cars in their own right.
I help them with theirs and they help me with mine and we do respect each others cars. But at the same time..I give then the gears about Ford's and GM's being junk and they dish it back at me..it's all in fun.
I respect anyone who puts time and effort into their ride.
That being said, in the same way that I'll harass my friends about their POS Ford or GM..this IS a Mopar site, so anyone mentioning another brand is only asking for it...it's almost tradition.

But me?.. (personal opinion only)...you'll NEVER sell me on imports.
They just don't do it for me.
They just seem.....gay...(not that there's anything wrong with that of course)
Just a little too "French guy in bike shorts" for me.
American?...ok, I'll help you with your POS Ford...
Import?.... Sorry man..the dealership's that way....
Like I said...just personal opinion.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
:headbang:
shits.jpg

shits.jpg

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Perhaps you can locate a Mirada windshield on a honda forum?
I am not the OP of this thread. However the OPs pic was quite funny.
Somehow you took offense to it. So be it.
To quote my factual statement is an honor, thank you.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Perhaps you can locate a Mirada windshield on a honda forum?
I am not the OP of this thread. However the OPs pic was quite funny.
Somehow you took offense to it. So be it.
To quote my factual statement is an honor, thank you.

Actually the OP's pic was bloody hysterical and I've sent it to at least ten people already. :toothy10:

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
I'd agree with you on that, Honda can and does some pretty neat stuff...but some of their owners are about on par with the 'image' the stereotypical 'Vette owner. Honda does it's own share of goof S, too, like ALL manufacturers. Like trans filters located in the top of the trans case; you don't change a filter, you REBUILD the tranny. The $800 alternator for an Odyssey, or having to take the radiator and garbage out on a CRV to even get to the alternator.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
The Honda owners are just car owners, basically, they just want the average car to go back and forth with. Honda makea mistakes, probably just as many as any other car manufacturer, if not slightly more. The only Honda I ever owned was a 1983 Honda Accord. The car started running rough, turns out that hte camshaft lobes were improperly haredened, and wore out in 14.000 miles. Then, during the winter, I turned on the rear window defroster (as is pretty much required in Canada in the winter), and the rear glass shattered. I sold the car the following summer, and haven't bought an imported car since.

The "ricer" Honda guys are just out and out ridiculous; basket handle wings on 80 HP Civics, carbon fiber hoods, all sorts of money spent to get some semblance of performance, just to have an essentially unreliable, impossible to maintain monstrosity in the end, all the while having spent twice the money that it would take to by a Challenger SRT. The Challenger will not only kick their asses all day long, it will do it for less money, get almost the same gas mileage, and do it reliably year after year, and can be serviced easily at any dealer. Try to get those ricer monstrosities serviced anywhere.

For those who have the ability to read lines that I have never written, please let me know where I have ever written anything disrespecting Chrysler, or recommending a Honda to anybody in any way shape or form. The original post said "your RACE car is a Honda", and by that I took it to mean a "RACE" car, as in Indy Car, Formula 1 car, etc. and only pointed out that Honda's RACE car success has been pretty extensive, and is not only in RACE cars, but in motorcycles as well. Didn't say. or even imply that Honda made sense as a drag race car, or in Nascar. Those aren't areas where Honda competes, and for good reason, they would get their asses handed to them. However, there are a bunch of Indy Car and Formula 1 champions that would see the original statement as nothing but sheer ignorance.

Kostas

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The moral of the story is....
Go to a Honda forum and tell them how your Challenger will hand them their assess and see how it goes.
You're in Mopar country so I doubt anybody is even gonna care if Honda won a race or not. And you have to ask yourself...does it really matter?
The original pic was damn funny.

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
That was the whole point in posting it . it was & is funny . It may not be everyone's cup of tea , and I'm sorry if anyone took offense by it's posting . If it did then I'll contact Joey and have the entire post removed . I'd locked it down by now , but I can't see anyway to. Post up some other funny pics . Anyone got any ?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My opinion only..but how the hell can you offend someone on a Mopar site by taking a shot at a Honda??? Really??
It was damn funny.
Lock it? Remove it?
How about add to it?
000009-05.jpg

Besides..I did post the girl with the butt
Hope that didn't offend... Jeez....

000009-05.jpg

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
I didn't quote or direct my Hemi comment toward any one member in particular. I didn't quote any comments or posts in this thread. When I made a general statement about respecting Mopar, I did not quote anyones previous post/ posts. It was not directed to any one member, for those of you the have the ability to quote my comments, lets remember.... THIS IS AN FMJ SITE. For those of you that have the ability to take one of my posts as a personal attack, get over it.
honda still sucks, real men support the websites they wish to, and this is FMJbodiesonly....

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I didn't quote or direct my Hemi comment toward any one member in particular. I didn't quote any comments or posts in this thread. When I made a general statement about respecting Mopar, I did not quote anyones previous post/ posts. It was not directed to any one member, for those of you the have the ability to quote my comments, lets remember.... THIS IS AN FMJ SITE. For those of you that have the ability to take one of my posts as a personal attack, get over it.
honda still sucks, real men support the websites they wish to, and this is FMJbodiesonly....

You don't mind if I quote you do you?

Agreed 100%
If anyone on here does actually take offense to some Honda bashing.
There's only one reaction I can think of.
tumblr_mesg0scc9Q1ragpqjo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mesg0scc9Q1ragpqjo1_400.jpg

Bryan M.

Reaction score
As long as we can agree to disagree. If this turns into Moparts, I'm outta here.

Oh, and...

150694_458570444198736_5678353_n.jpg

150694_458570444198736_5678353_n.jpg

Back