Good news Bad news

slant6billy

Reaction score
Bad news first: The fall Car show I Chair for Toys for Tots is scheduled for Nov 7th, but the Marines are affected by the Gubermint shutdown. The have a "cannot operate at this time" on their site. Sucks! The show will go one, but no idea on the toy collection. We might collect and just give to another organization- sucks!

The good: My search for an F body wagon stalled as an F coupe was suggested through a family friend. Turns out my last coupe was sitting at the last buyer's ex wife's house. The guy had bought it for his son, then lost interest. The son now lives with the ex wife 100%. The ex wife wants the car gone. The good gets better. The car is in pretty good condition considering it sat outside for a few months. Price has not been talked, but she is motivated to sell. The family friend is helping this along. I just suddenly have not an ounce of depression- thinking I may be getting my Frankenstein F bomb back.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Slant6billy:

The US gov't is back to operations again. Hope your toy drive can be saved.

Good luck on the F body coupe; it would be cool to get your own car back.

Kostas

slant6billy

Reaction score
Thanks man. Yep, looks like it. Hopefully things get turned back on quickly.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Looks like the Marines are back in bizness on Wednesday. Another good- Took a drive over to my old F body. First- this guy's ex wife is HOT. Second- she offered to put gas in the car to hear it run and drive. She broke out cables too. On the first try it fired up. Drove it to Sunoco and put some 93 in it and some 100 purple. After all, she offered. Should be in my garage by the end of the week or sooner. Price has been discussed and it is not as cheap as I thought, but she is motivated to move this.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Slant6billy:

Sounds like your toy drive any be a go. That is good to hear. It would be a real downer if the games being played by the politicians were to put a damper on good, charitable efforts such as yours.

Looking good on your F body, too. Hope you can work out the price with the ex-wife.

Kostas

Back