Have a good Tday!

old yellow 78

Reaction score
So, I'm sitting here, drinking coffee, looking around on the internet and the forum when I actually need to be cleaning up and also cooking up my contribution to today's Tday dinner at a friends house where several of us have created a tradition of getting together. Family Tday is on Saturday, and it will be held here. And that is a LOT of work. But, at least I have family...and a house...and a job... and my cars. So, not complaining. It's a lot more than many others have. It is COLD out, but nice and sunny. What I'd really like to be working on is OY, putting in the carpets and 60/40 seats and plaid door panels and all the other neat stuff I've been gathering: AM/FM/CB transceiver, new A pillar covers, rear compartment hatch doors, dash bezel, clock, etc. I'm also waiting for some new toys from Canada to arrive which I will post about when they get here, but the Canada Post is on rolling strike, so its a lot of waiting for now. I'm hoping to be able to at least get the carpet in yet before the snows come - hopefully some warm(ish) weekend soon. Anyway, hope everyone has a nice Tday and remember, don't ruin it by bringing up politics, religion, or old gripes, or talking too much about F,M,J's. They just don't understand. Enjoy! :D

Aspen500

Reaction score
You know what I really miss? It's Thanksgiving at grandma's with grandma and grandpa, my mother and father, brother and usually an aunt and uncle too. My grandmother was the best cook ever, and she did it all in a wood cook stove. If you ever went away from her house hungry, it was your own fault. My grandma was in her element with a bunch of family in the house. One time when we were all around the dining room table I looked up and she was standing in the kitchen door looking around with a great big smile on her face just watching everyone eat. Last time was around 1990 and then she moved in with an aunt and uncle (her son) after she decided she shouldn't be living alone in that big old house (with the only bathroom up a long flight of stairs on the second floor) and finally my parents until she passed, with her mind as sharp as ever, in 1999 at 96 years old. The relatives get fewer as the years go on. My mother passed away in 2009, her sister the year before and the others I rarely, if ever, see anymore. Got an aunt in Connecticut, aunt and uncle in Tennessee, brother and his wife in the Twin Cities, cousin in Miami..............Now it's pretty much just my dad (about 5 miles away over in Weston) and I so there isn't any big feast. Not intending to be a downer, I am thankful for all the great memories and couldn't imagine any better people to have as relatives and my parents were (are) the best. My mother was the type of person where if you had a room full of people who just had their house burn down, their car stolen, dog run over, lost their job and had their spouse leave them all in one morning, and my mother walked in, they would all smile.

Anyways, enough rambling on. Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving!

Back