Head Liner Thoughts

slant6billy

Reaction score
Only issue I've had using loctite it lets go when the temps get high inside the car.

When heat index is 107f in the shade and windows are up it gets mighty hot in the car.

But if you do wind up with a bubble letting go then get a syringe from feed store or tractor supply. Thinnest and longest needle they have.

Screw the needle into the syringe and suck in some glue then stick it in center of bubble.

Kinda lay the needle to the side and inject some glue, rotate and do again several times.

Borrow slant6billys six inch ball and smooth out the material. Saves you from replacing the entire thing again and no one sees the needle holes.
I left out the important step....
I removed my front seats and removed the headliner board from the car. I repaired any broken spots with woodworkers glue and art store model board - a few bucks. There was a nice fist hole...... not mine. So I flipped the board over, supported the level, so not to break it and did not have to fight gravity. I let the carpet set for almost a month while the glue dried before I re-installed.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Yep, thats some pretty important steps. I'll bet once it cures you don't have the release problem. I was too impatient with my first project. Learned my lesson though.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Yep, thats some pretty important steps. I'll bet once it cures you don't have the release problem. I was too impatient with my first project. Learned my lesson though.
sorry about that......... I get going and leave stuff out

Back