Help about engine conversions !

singin sam

Reaction score
I've been a Mopar nut since 1962,BUT is there nobody thats EVER changed from a six to a small block in a 1980 VOLARE?I do not want to change K member.why can't the mounts be modified to work?
IMG_0003.JPG
Thanks,Sam in N/E Ohio

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Anything can be modified. I believe a company called Schumacher makes conversion mounts for this purpose.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Shumacher is essentially gone now. But if you do some Googling for the /6 v8 mounts you need you should be able to find something.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Shumacer is still around. Believe they are moving to a new location so everything is kind of in transition right now.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well that sucks. They had excellent parts. I've got their big block headers on my car and aside from fitting like a glove, the quality is better than best. Wonder what happened???

Camtron

Reaction score
Well that sucks. They had excellent parts. I've got their big block headers on my car and aside from fitting like a glove, the quality is better than best. Wonder what happened???
Good question.
On a different forum, I found a number of people saying he retired, closed up shop and moved (a couple of the guys claimed to have offered to buy him out) & a few other people saying he had gotten really sick.
Who knows.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The web site is still there but says they are moving and the phone lines are still down, or something like that.

Got overly curious so, I sent off an email to them, asking if they are still around or not. We'll see if I get a reply saying yes or, no reply which would indicate a NO.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
I got a reply email from Shumacher and they are still in business after all. They are experiencing extreme delays from vendors and the vendors are experiencing delays from their vendors because those vendors have delays getting material, etc. Thank you so much Covid-f******-19 hysteria (my editorial opinion only). They're hoping to have the problems resolved as quick as possible and get product back in stock.

Side note: Because of Covid delays, we have a 2013 F-150 5.0 with a puked engine at work, sitting out back since October waiting for a Ford reman engine. Last we heard, expected shipping date is late March or early April. Seriously??????????????????????? Sorry for going off an off topic rant.:oops:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
There is actually a lot more to it then just covid in this case with that company. Ownership issues.

One might be smart to wait a bit to see who ends up actually making and selling the parts. Or make sure they have it in stock to ship. Id not count on anything yet.

Transdapt has some things as well.

But the op should not be detoured, just fab a set like we all did before the age of simplification came along.

singin sam

Reaction score
Shumacher is essentially gone now. But if you do some Googling for the /6 v8 mounts you need you should be able to find something.
Been all over nobody seems to mess with F Bodies.I put a 392 Hemi,4 speed in one ,years ago.BUT I can't do much physical anymore.

singin sam

Reaction score
I've heard ALL the answers,can't believe any of them.

singin sam

Reaction score
There is actually a lot more to it then just covid in this case with that company. Ownership issues.

One might be smart to wait a bit to see who ends up actually making and selling the parts. Or make sure they have it in stock to ship. Id not count on anything yet.

Transdapt has some things as well.

But the op should not be detoured, just fab a set like we all did before the age of simplification came along.
I am 85 and can't do a lot anymore,nobody around here(N/E Ohio) don't want my $$$$.I am not rich by any means ,but someone must have mounts OR know what to do.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Im sorry, I forgot the 85, still a spring chicken.

If you dont have all your other stuff in order yet im sure if you put enough want ads up or by time you need them you will be able to find them.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
That's a new excuse from them. Other people who have contacted them were told what Camtron said that they're retiring and getting out of it.

Back