Help about engine conversions !

Camtron

Reaction score
“ 1973 & Up A,B,F,M,J-Body S6 to 273/318 Conversion Kit

Slant 6 getting you down? Power up to a 273/318 with our spool mount conversion kits that position a V8 engine to factory specs on your original '73 and up Slant 6 K-member. Kits include laser-cut, powder-coated brackets, urethane inserts, grade 8 bolts, detailed, illustrated instructions. Applicable to cars with or without power steering.

The driver's side mounting perch on the '73 & Up K-member interferes with any V8 block and B/RB oil pump. To eliminate this problem, the driver's side engine mounting perch needs to be drilled with 9/16" holes and excess material must be removed. This effectively lowers the perch and is detailed in the instructions. “

Engine Conversion and Replacement Kit

depending on the shipping options, you could probably have them at your house by Monday/Tuesday.

singin sam

Reaction score
Im sorry, I forgot the 85, still a spring chicken.

If you dont have all your other stuff in order yet im sure if you put enough want ads up or by time you need them you will be able to find them.
I'm ready.think I will sell it and go back to B Bodies.

singin sam

Reaction score
“ 1973 & Up A,B,F,M,J-Body S6 to 273/318 Conversion Kit

Slant 6 getting you down? Power up to a 273/318 with our spool mount conversion kits that position a V8 engine to factory specs on your original '73 and up Slant 6 K-member. Kits include laser-cut, powder-coated brackets, urethane inserts, grade 8 bolts, detailed, illustrated instructions. Applicable to cars with or without power steering.

The driver's side mounting perch on the '73 & Up K-member interferes with any V8 block and B/RB oil pump. To eliminate this problem, the driver's side engine mounting perch needs to be drilled with 9/16" holes and excess material must be removed. This effectively lowers the perch and is detailed in the instructions. “

Engine Conversion and Replacement Kit

depending on the shipping options, you could probably have them at your house by Monday/Tuesday.
I don't know how you found that,I CALLED Mancini,and they had nothing available for the F Body.BUT I signed up for the notification anyways.Thanks for your help,Sam In N/E Ohio..

Camtron

Reaction score
I don't know how you found that,I CALLED Mancini,and they had nothing available for the F Body.BUT I signed up for the notification anyways.Thanks for your help,Sam In N/E Ohio..
I found them quite easily on the Mancini Racing website.
Have one company that puts out print ads without listing the part on their website and another company that lists the part on their website but, apparently doesn’t stock them...the world just seems to broken these days.
If you click on the link, that’s the exact description for the part being listed by, Mancini...

edit: also figure your average customer service rep is an idiot these days. It’s not like it used to be where the people answering the phone actually know anything about the product/s they’re selling.

Last edited:

80mirada

Reaction score
A,B,C,F,M and J use the same spool type mounts for slant six and small block from 73-89. All of the nice conversion mounts are the Schumacher ones, unfortunately. Unfortunately most shops are chicken shit when it comes to engine or even trans swaps like this.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
i KEEP REPEATING MYSELF.it's an F Body 1980 VOLARE.Sorry not trying to be an ass,but .I cannot find for the Above.

No problem. You have to think outside the box. The first link someone posted said the conversion mounts were good for a,b,c,f,m,j body. Hardly anyone supports F body but knowing A and B body parts are the same makes it easier to find them. It's only a matter of finding who actually has them in stock. Not sure if the link I posted has them but they're what you're after.

singin sam

Reaction score
No problem. You have to think outside the box. The first link someone posted said the conversion mounts were good for a,b,c,f,m,j body. Hardly anyone supports F body but knowing A and B body parts are the same makes it easier to find them. It's only a matter of finding who actually has them in stock. Not sure if the link I posted has them but they're what you're after.
Backorder..

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Schumacher products have been sketchy for over two years, this isn't something new from covid or suppliers. When there vendors ranout of there products they have been out, period. Its not like things have been coming in slowly.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Ive had a simple set of bearings on back order from Jegs for 62 days. But did source a set off ebay.

Just paid $157 for what should of been a $88 set of piston rings, but at least they were made in the USA.

Paid $800 for a set of pistons made in Mexico by a us based company that didnt disclose that some of there products were not made here. But at least I could get them.

Not to mention.... blah blah... its sad when 318 parts are hard to get and are semi costly.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Icon, the $800 was pistons and rings as a package.
Not sure why .040 is considered an odd size these days, 125 more then other bore sizes with the same application.

Not many making 318 stroker pistons anymore. But interesting to hit a 1700 gram bobweight.

DSC01738.JPG

Last edited:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
The shop that does my work when I need it swears by em. IDK

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Im not sure whats going on with a lot of the web sites but many places do not have things in stock and pass the buck to the supplier and its hard to get a accurate price or even a shipping date, and they stip they can make price adjustments.

I just seem some things I bought three weeks ago have jumped almost 20%.

Here is a head scratcher.
One end of the box has this sticker, the other end the other sticker.

$18 apart or so... why?

Thanks for posting the links I will look over my receipts and see who really has what in stock and how much and if so see if they price match for 30 days past sale. Probably not.

DSC01813.JPG

f.png

DSC01814.JPG

h.png

Last edited:

Camtron

Reaction score
I just ran into that same issue with a torque converter.
Was about to order from a companies direct website, decided to google search their part number at the last second. Google pulled up their, Amazon store/page; same part I was about to drop $280 on listed for $140.
Edit: On their website they hit you with core charge and return shipping label fee for your core, on Amazon, they’re just selling them outright.

Last edited:
Back