WANTED Help Needed: I would like to get my F-Body back on the road again. Its been 8+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLY478

Reaction score
Contact seller
Need rear frame sway bar mounts that bolt to the frame rails. ( I have the bar and U-Bolt spring mounts)

Need a correct Steel original 360 engine oil dip stick and tube. (No chrome stuff)

Nice complete un-cut 318/360 w/A/C engine wiring harness.

Nice Original Chrome trim for the gas petal.

Complete: All clips, springs etc, for Thermoquad 4bbl / 727 kickdown linkage.

For my 1979 Dodge Aspen

Thanks

Richard

volare 77

Reaction score
The NOS 318/360 tube and stick should be 3870265 and 4027249. You can find them on ebay.
I don`t have a 79 parts book to verify but it fits a number of years 76 and up. It is best to get the new tube at least as they can get loose if reinstalling using a used one. Also I think the brake pedal chrome is part of the pedal assy.

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
this is for 78 but I wonder what is the difference? Also it looks like only a portion of the harness
NOS Mopar 1978 Aspen Volara Lebaron Diplomat 318 360 Engine Wiring Harness | eBay
That is the engine side harness - with Lean Burn (air cleaner mounted computer system).
78 F engine harness.jpg

The yellow arrow points to the major clue.

There are a few different length dipsticks/tubes used over the decades – so to getting a matched pair is key. I'm with you, I don't care for chrome either.
Steel Chrysler Dodge Mopar SB Small Block 318-340-360 Engine Oil Dipstick Black | eBay might be a good one – but don't know anything about the seller.

I have a pair of (loose) rear sway bar frame brackets in which I can take measurements for you – but they are not for sale. It shouldn't bee too difficult to make a pair. As long as both match, the exact dimensions will not be a major factor. I think finding a pair (without everything) might be hard to find.

The problem with finding kickdown linkage is finding a complete (and correct) assembly. They can be found but are expensive. I have seen several people sold a kit that used incorrect parts – which ends up being useless. Most FMJ bodies need a 3-piece linkage system that looks like:
SB 3-piece kickdown linkage.jpg

SB 1-piece kickdown linkage.jpg

The 1-piece linkage setup hits the firewall so not recommended – if looking for physical linkage setup.
I highly recommend getting a Lokar (or similar) cable kit. If using a stock air cleaner – the cable setup is not highly visible. It is easy to adjust and not too hard to install.

BudW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back