I just poured $2,600 into this beastie, could be a bargain for you...'77 LeBaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpreposterous

Reaction score
Contact seller
You may recall I just joined the FMJ bretheren when I picked up this extremely clean LeBaron that appears to have only the 16K miles on it its owner says it had. Super clean in and out. I got it from FMJ member Ken Boggs, who I believe was being absolutely straight about the mileage. His family used it only as a summer cabin car.

Pics on prior thread:

http://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/cla...this-week-77-LeBaron-with-16k-miles-owner-sez

Suddenly, I'm in a position where I must let it go. My son is going into rehab tonight, and it will cost a fortune...

I have $2,600 in receipts for what I've done since getting it in October:

• New radiator and hoses
  • New V belts and brake hoses
  • New head gasket and valves reworked by the machine shop
  • repair pinion seal
  • thermostat
  • oil change
  • undercoated with thixotropic gel

I want badly to keep it, but I told my wife if I could just recoup the 4K I spent to buy it, I would. that may seem like a high initial outlay, but when you consider its condition and the bucks dropped into it, you may recognize this for the opportunity it is. May need a front brake job in near future, possibly an alternator. Please pm me if you are serious. This car is in Southeast Michigan.

Last edited:

drpreposterous

Reaction score
Thanks, guys...
Every time I climb in this rig, I'm struck again by how wonderful M bodies are. There's an integrity about them that I think is rare. Since I posted this, I've been contemplating ways to keep Ruby. I may yet find a way.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You should keep it.
My theory has always been....
How fast is that $4000 going to go?
Pretty fast....and then the car's gone......
I'd keep her.

Last edited:

Darter6

Reaction score
I feel for you.....Been down this road plenty.Like Captain,no matter how much you get for it,,you will never be able to replace it for the same amount.Nore will you be able to find another in such shape.
On the other hand family comes first.

drpreposterous

Reaction score
Ha!
I'm keeping her!!!

I had several potential buyers and I've just turned them all away. You guys are right. The chump change I'd get for her would be gone quickly enough, and she's too good a beastie to let go. Count me in as a M-body freakazoid!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Ha!
I'm keeping her!!!

I had several potential buyers and I've just turned them all away. You guys are right. The chump change I'd get for her would be gone quickly enough, and she's too good a beastie to let go. Count me in as a M-body freakazoid!

That's the way!......
Glad to hear it.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Freakazoids forever....Long live the Freadazoid........Hail to the Freakazoid.........

mirada80

Reaction score
Good call, I considered seller my Mirada a few times but for the money I could get out of it, I might as well keep it and enjoy it once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back