If F-body front frame rails are shot

Duke5A

Reaction score
Yes, it's a major undertaking for replacement. Still not easy to cap them, but you don't need to screw with positioning them.

Honestly, if Minnesota winters ate them then the rest the car is suspect. If it doesn't have sentimental value or collector worth you would be better to get another car.

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
No I am not in the same boat as you. Front frame rails rotted out completely as well as both rear quarters, extensions, and outer section of both wheel wells. Have not done the swap yet as the wife decided we needed move again so now I am renovating another house. The parts are all sitting in a large crate in the garage waiting for me to have the spare time.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
There's is always more rust than you first see when you start digging.

If the rails are gone, when you pull the carpet it's usually not good.

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
Well, the floors were in good shape when I put new carpet in it, but that was 25 years ago. Can`t say as I have had the interior out of it since then.
Yes, I do have complete Arizona rear quarters, as well as the frame rails, supports, and the 26 inch rad support, all from Jim.

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
I was referring to the front frame rail support plates. Rear frame rails actually look pretty solid but then the car isn`t stripped down yet so I am expecting a few surprises.

volare 77

Reaction score
Pretty much anything can be fixed if you have the time and money. Now would it make sense to fix is the million dollar question. Sometimes, depending on rarity it may be worth it to fix but many times it is better to find a less rusty car.

Back