INFO:1978 Dodge Magnum T Tops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Contact seller
It's a B body.....but it's freakin' gorgeous!

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/classic-car/1978-Dodge-Magnum-1750106.xhtml?conversationId=685696

Rare 1978 Dodge Magnum, excellent condition in and out. T-Tops and V8 400cc engine. Garage kept. I have 3 selling one. For more info call Bob at 407-758-76** or Sheila 954-895-50**

0_IMG_2828.jpg

0_IMG_2825.jpg

0_IMG_2834.jpg

0_IMG_2828.jpg

0_IMG_2825.jpg

0_IMG_2834.jpg

Last edited:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I really like the Magnum, the older, slightly bigger brother of the Mirada. This is one of the more desireable ones, with the T-Tops and the big block. It looks to be in great shape, too. Hope those are leather seats and not vinyl.

Kostas

ramenth

Reaction score
Don't tease.

When I was in my teens the old man came close to buying one. Magnum GT, t-tops, E58, loaded. The only thing wrong with it was a big dent in the door. A "buddy" of his bought it out from under him and flipped it for three times the asking price.

Guess it worked out for the best. We got the '69 Sport Satellite shortly afterwards for the same price.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Don't tease.

When I was in my teens the old man came close to buying one. Magnum GT, t-tops, E58, loaded. The only thing wrong with it was a big dent in the door. A "buddy" of his bought it out from under him and flipped it for three times the asking price.

Guess it worked out for the best. We got the '69 Sport Satellite shortly afterwards for the same price.

Sorry for the tease Sir.... :icon_rabbit:

I've always loved those Magnums.
I'd say you did pretty well with the Satellite though.
You mean you didn't immediately turn it into a Road Runner clone?
Man it bugs my ass when people do that....

ramenth

Reaction score
Sorry for the tease Sir.... :icon_rabbit:

I've always loved those Magnums.
I'd say you did pretty well with the Satellite though.
You mean you didn't immediately turn it into a Road Runner clone?
Man it bugs my ass when people do that....

No Road Runner clone. Not being a four door. But if I had a nickle for every idiot that told me to pull the powertrain and put it in a two door to clone a Road Runner, I'd have enough money to build all of my projects.

I did make out better with the Sport Satellite than with the Magnum. Govier's older books show no production numbers on "H" code '69 Sport Satellite four doors and only 30 or so for the other body lines for Sport's that year. So, there may have been only 30 or so built and the one I have may very well be the last in existence.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
No Road Runner clone. Not being a four door. But if I had a nickle for every idiot that told me to pull the powertrain and put it in a two door to clone a Road Runner, I'd have enough money to build all of my projects.

I did make out better with the Sport Satellite than with the Magnum. Govier's older books show no production numbers on "H" code '69 Sport Satellite four doors and only 30 or so for the other body lines for Sport's that year. So, there may have been only 30 or so built and the one I have may very well be the last in existence.

I'm hoping you can direct me to pics of your Satellite....I love those cars. I also have no problem with four doors unlike some.
Killing a perfectly fine Satellite (which is what I call it) to make yet another cloned Runner is a complete sin in my books.

I got a guy totally pissed at me.....I was at a buddy's body shop and they were in the process of killing a beautiful original Satellite to clone it.....the guy footing the bill for this massacre was there and I made no bones about loudly telling my buddy "What asshole is destroying this beautiful car to make another fake f***king Runner?" The guy heard me and left in a huff......why??
I guess the only reason yours survived is because it's a four door or else it might have never stayed a Satellite.....I'd take a Sat over a Runner any day of the week......but that's just me......did I mention that it burns my ass when people do that????

ramenth

Reaction score
I'm hoping you can direct me to pics of your Satellite....I love those cars. I also have no problem with four doors unlike some.
Killing a perfectly fine Satellite (which is what I call it) to make yet another cloned Runner is a complete sin in my books.

I got a guy totally pissed at me.....I was at a buddy's body shop and they were in the process of killing a beautiful original Satellite to clone it.....the guy footing the bill for this massacre was there and I made no bones about loudly telling my buddy "What asshole is destroying this beautiful car to make another fake f***king Runner?" The guy heard me and left in a huff......why??
I guess the only reason yours survived is because it's a four door or else it might have never stayed a Satellite.....I'd take a Sat over a Runner any day of the week......but that's just me......did I mention that it burns my ass when people do that????

No pics on this computer. And I haven't fired up the desktop in ages.

It's actually surprising it's survived simply because it is a four door. Most of those got parted out in favor building two doors. But, then again, I've had it since the mid '80's, just before the muscle car boom. I knew I was on to something even back then. That car and I terrorized the roads here in Schuyler County. I wouldn't hack the dash for a stereo, I carried boom box beside me. Kept everything I could original for the car except the carb. I loaned that to a buddy of mine to put on his '66 Newport while I rebuilt his Holley. He sold the Newport with my carb on it.

The car gets even better. Not only is it a 383 4 bbl, but it decodes as "heavy duty towing" which (basically) the same as a cop car, just not coded for fleet sales. Power steering cooler, big brakes, the odd leafs on one side. The car was originally painted Q5, has a black cloth and vinyl gut, came with Magnum 500's. According to PA (where we bought it) it was a dealer order car.

On to the clones. I just sold my '69 Super Bee to a young man who owns a '69 Coronet 440 Super Bee clone. His plans are to use the Coronet to build the real Bee.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
No pics on this computer. And I haven't fired up the desktop in ages.

It's actually surprising it's survived simply because it is a four door. Most of those got parted out in favor building two doors. But, then again, I've had it since the mid '80's, just before the muscle car boom. I knew I was on to something even back then. That car and I terrorized the roads here in Schuyler County. I wouldn't hack the dash for a stereo, I carried boom box beside me. Kept everything I could original for the car except the carb. I loaned that to a buddy of mine to put on his '66 Newport while I rebuilt his Holley. He sold the Newport with my carb on it.

The car gets even better. Not only is it a 383 4 bbl, but it decodes as "heavy duty towing" which (basically) the same as a cop car, just not coded for fleet sales. Power steering cooler, big brakes, the odd leafs on one side. The car was originally painted Q5, has a black cloth and vinyl gut, came with Magnum 500's. According to PA (where we bought it) it was a dealer order car.

On to the clones. I just sold my '69 Super Bee to a young man who owns a '69 Coronet 440 Super Bee clone. His plans are to use the Coronet to build the real Bee.

Your Satellite sounds gorgeous!

And it's good to hear that your friend is actually putting his attentions to the real deal instead of wrecking a real car to make a fake one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back