INFO: 1980 Mirada Magnum Concept Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMX360

Reaction score
I want this car too. I don't think I'd be able to fight the urge to drive it though. It wouldn't stay 175 miles for long.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
I'd totally drive it. I mean, at the end of the day, it's a mirada with some body filler in the windows and some plastic covers over the headlights. The car has a proper VIN and everything!

kkritsilas

Reaction score
the covered headlights really tie it to the previous generation's Magnum, and really does simplify the noes and makes is a lot more elegant. Wonder how hard it would be for a body shop to move the turn signals down inot the bumper area, and come up with a pair of body color headlight covers. Wouldn't even need to be power operated, just covers held on by strong magnedt or velcro, which could be removed at night.

Kostas

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Yeah, it would be easy to put on some turn signals in the lower facia. Funny you mention Velcro: The headlight covers on this particular show-car are, in fact, held on with it!

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I used velcro on my 440 mirada headlight convers.... 140mph, no problem!

CMX360

Reaction score
A while back a guy on craigslist was selling clear headlight covers for a Mirada. Legit ones from the 80's still in the package, not homemade. Styled just like a Magnums only they didn't move obviously. Super rare I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back