interior and dash light dimmer resistor (ceramic sinked nichrome coil)

compubert

Reaction score
Headlight switch with dash dimmer.gif
Hello, looking for the ceramic disc with the resistor coil embedded to dim the interior dash lamps. The rest of the switch works great, the resistor finally burned out. The switch is designed to be taken apart to change the dimmer resistor, I like the idea of replacing just what needs replacing. I found the switch *entire* online for about 17 bucks. Thanks all....

LSM360

Reaction score
Can't help you with just the disc, but I can tell you if you end up having to replace the whole thing, do yourself a favor; only buy a NOS one. I made the mistake of buying an aftermarket OEM one twice because of convenience of being available at local parts store. Junk, junk, junk! One melted my wire harness after about six months. The other failed within six months. Neither operated as smoothly as the originals (which lasted over 20 years) from day one. If you keep your eyes open on Feebay NOS ones pop up for $20 to $25 range. Good luck.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
Even find a used one from a junkyard
I always pull headlight switches from parts cars

compubert

Reaction score
I wish there was a junkyard here that still had parts cars this old, most have scrapped the older rides and tossed the new stuff on wheels to pick through. I made the mistake of not grabbing a new HEI system from a late model GM truck (all in one module and coil) that I plan on adapting to my car to get a hotter spark. Would have been 20.00 less my 2dollar entrance fee at the gate. I haven't seen a car down here in Volusia Co. in a yard in 12 years....

compubert

Reaction score
Much obliged, I even know where one of these is... Bunnell.

Back