Interior Door Panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Contact seller
I am looking for a good pair of vinyl black interior door panels are possibly a pair that I could paint to match my project. Just found out today that the pair I have are completely water damaged shot and rotted nothing to work with. Grain pattern does not matter to me I just need a pair in good condition. If you have a good solid pair you would like to part with within reason please let me know how much you would be willing to take for them. I have seen many pair of panels on ebay but none that would fit a aspen. Thank You.

Vehicle Information:
1977 Dodge Aspen 2 Door Coupe 3.7 225 Slant Six

Last edited:

NoCar340

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the M-body coupes from '77-'81 use the same doors as Aspolares, so though the trim pattern will be different they would work in your car. Black seems kind of tough, though... it seems like the black interiors weren't too popular after '76-'77. Almost every car I see has a colored interior.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that plan whatsoever. In fact, you could probably re-use the top part of the old panel for your structure at the top... and as far as design, you can pretty-much play God.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
cant see why you cant make your own
I got some material from 80 lebaron coupe out of a 79 dodge van he was scrapping and redid a pair of door panels and rear side panels for my 74 dart sport

before
1129111607.jpg

after
IMG_20140701_102733_zpsb9c0rigj.jpg

IMG_20140630_210656_zpsyxlu33zp.jpg

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Yeah I figured why pay $300 or $400 for a pair or more when I can just do my own. Will try to see what I can come up with. Yeah the top part on both panels is the only thing that is still good.

$300-$400 for used panels? I sure hope not!

If you want to dye a set I probably have a couple nice ones.

Making your own will require reuse of the top portion of the old ones...thats where the inner window sweep is attached.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Ill put my hand in here as well ive been looking for a black pair for 4 yrs now ,had a few deals fall through so still looking myself ,im thinking soon im going custom ,now that i got those nice seats from stalkervett i may continue the theme ,ive also thought of using sem dye on a doner set i hear it works real well and i know where theres lots of them real close to me ,as for value ive seen near mint black ones sell for $200 ,i wouldent pay more than that myself ,other colours ive seen sell as low as $50 a set in near mint condition ,,this in in canada though ,usa pricing may be more ,,theres a set on ebay for $300 uds if interested ,,to much for me to pop on them ,they have been listed there for a real long time

slant6billy

Reaction score
I have a set with speaker holes cut in. They are on a spare set of doors. They are black and decent other than the holes. Just sitting in my unlit shed at the moment. I can take some photos tomorrow. I don't think they are water damaged but I'll pull them out in the daylight for a thorough inspection. I guess cutting speaker holes was the thing in the late 70s and early 80s. I had 70 challenger panels done the same. I wouldn't cut holes in doors panels regardless of the trend.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Also, it cost me 30 bucks to ship the chally panels to California just FYI.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I've heard really good things about the SEM paint.
I know at least one member here has done panels with really good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back