Introducing New Member: Spiker

Spiker

Reaction score
Howdy,
Thanks for the warm welcome! I had up until recently a 1987 Diplomat. Owned it for twenty years and just recently sold it. Solid rust free car with 42k when bought and 51k when sold. The light blue paint was sun beat into blue primer and the perfect blue velour interior was sun faded in the usual places. The car was dead reliable even with the original lean burn. My only garage kept car ever. I hated the thing.

Gutless 318, driver seat that didn't go back near far enough and had zero adjustments for a big guy like me. The usual HVAC issue so the AC blew through the defrost under any load, but most of all it was carb'd. The hatred wasn't so much for it's flaws but that the damn thing was too nice and original to hack into something I actually enjoyed driving. While no powerhouse it fired up reliably and ran smooth as glass. The 904 shifted perfectly and the tiny little 7.25 never gave me any trouble.

I'm down to just two old Mopars now, a '98 Ram 2500 4X4 and my daily driver, a 1989 Shadow four door. Oddly enough it was while researching the leaf spring brackets for an M body for a bud that I found this forum and liked the look of it.
Thanks,
-Spike

Diplomat Wheels (22).JPG

Back