Introducing New Member: Sub03

Sub03

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I got my first Mopar back in 1993, a -77 Aspen SE. It had the bullit proof slant six and was a beauty with metallic green paint and a white vinyl top. Unfortunately the rust worms got to its rear fenders. A year later I hit a moose crossing the road and the Dodge ended up in the ditch with some body damage...

I also at the time had a stripped down original V8 Aspen my brother bought as a part car for his wagon. My thought was taking body parts from that one to fix my beat up green beauty. After some consideration I changed my mind and decided i'd rather fix the parts car, being a V8 car and actually free from rust. I got a 318/904 from the boneyard, sanded the car down and painted it myself in my fathers garage.

In 1999, with a child on it's way, the Dodge got placed in a barn for storage, me thinking it wasn't worth anything so i didn't bother listing it for sale.
Three years ago I brought it home from the barn and gave it some love. It needed new brakes, some exhaust parts and a new gas tank to get back on the road again. After that the snowball kind of rolled on, the old Dodge getting a lot of new parts. Last summer I rebuildt the transmission and did a Magnumswap. This summer i'm gonna rebuild the front end with new BJ's, rubber busings all around and poly K-member pucks and T-bar bushings.

I've learned a lot from this forum. Today I decided to register as a member of the F/M/J community.
Sorry about my shabby english. I hope the good folks in here understand what I mean.

20161023_165254.jpg
20161023_165316.jpg
20161023_165339.jpg
20161023_165400.jpg

Duke5A

Reaction score
Welcome! Your English is better than a lot of Americans I know! o_O

That is a pretty cool history you have with the car. What Mag motor did you put in?

Sub03

Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome.:)

I put in a 5.2 Magnum from a -95 Grand Cherokee with only 90.000 miles on it. I thought of getting a 5.9 but the stories about cracked heads kind of scared me a little. And it's easier to find a used 5.2 here in Norway.

I stripped off all the injection stuff and ordered a square port intake and a carb with vacuum secondaries from Summit. From rockauto I got a new waterpump, distributor and coil, generator, Denso starter, oil pump, double roller timing chain, fuel pump and generator.
With a new TQ, rebuilt transmission, new bearings and backlash adjustment in the rear I feel the driveline is pretty solid.

I only wish I could use the exhaust manifolds from the Magnum, but being from a Jeep I had to use the logs from the original 318. And the sound from the ministarter isn't as sweet as the old Mopar ones...

Back