J-Candy

jasperjacko

Reaction score
This is interesting to watch....dull but interesting. Notice the pics. of the 10 spoke wheels. There are two different rim profiles.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Pretty sure the dished-spoke rims are airbrushed. The shadow cutlines are far too sharp for a brushed aluminum wheel. It was a time-honored practice; there's the '69 Charger brochure with Hemi emblems airbrushed onto a non-R/T, and of course the famous '71 Challenger T/A ad that used the exact same picture of used in '70, but with a badly-proportioned '71 grille. These days we have Photoshop.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
it may be some bad artwork, or even the odd scanning perspective. Later on in the video, the wheels definitely look like 10 spokes. Even in the pictures where the wheels look dished, you can see the little step in the spoke width in most pictures.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Guys: Your eyes do not deceive you! There are several versions of the Kelsey-Hayes "Ten-Spoke" wheels. Besides the well known differences between the cast and forged versions, there were several colors available for the painted-insides, as well as the dished version, which were more common in Mexico:

8558000058_original.jpg

chrysler_cordoba_clasico_motor_360_fac_original_81_4840080442086260344.jpg

chrysler_cordoba_imperial_impresionante_81_5350129448574628625.jpg

NoCar340

Reaction score
Well I'll be damned! They still look airbrushed in the brochure but those pictures are solid proof. I wish a few sets of those would find their way to the U.S. I don't know that they're any prettier, but just for the sake of being unique I'd love to grab some.

Am I the only one that thinks that Imperial front end looks horrible on the Cordoba body?

Cordoba1

Reaction score
I would love to see the .... Cormerial? Imdoba? .... person. In as much as the Imperial is one of the cleanest-designed personal luxury coupes of that era, I just hate that drooping line that goes from the roof to behind the rear wheel. I've owned two Imperials, and just didn't love the rear-end treatment. I've day-dreamed of doing just what that guy did: Put the front clip of an Imperial on a Cordoba. I'd love to see what it looks like on a naked-roof car. That being said; "Frankencars" rarely look as good as what the pros come up with.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
attachment.jpg

--- Post updated ---
Scan1.jpg
attachment.jpg

--- Post updated ---
Scan1.jpg
attachment.jpg

--- Post updated ---
003-vi.jpg

--- Post updated ---
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRnQ1Ogzo3-anau9FD1mKPTapUKgQ09ZXyNv3EmTZ-ted89wBDVw.jpg

--- Post updated ---
PettyMirada.jpg

--- Post updated ---
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIvnvK1E3NRoKwOIKhG1orTr8BpPLlbx_pxcIrVwZpecGFrYs.jpg

--- Post updated ---
Too funny not to post.
i038034.jpg

--- Post updated ---
Sorry about all the duplicates.
1989HT_RIP.jpg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen somewhere between 5-8 different color 10 spoke wheels and a couple colors of 5+5 spoke wheels (all matched the body color).
The only ones I have had available to me to purchase were the gray/silver ones.

Mopar parts books have only shown one part number (which I assume are gray/silver).

Back in the mid 80's, I had a silver set of 10 spoke wheels on my two tone (darker metallic brown top/silver bottom) '67 Plymouth Satellite, and they looked like they belonged there.

Note: I am looking for another set for my silver 5th Ave . . .

BudW

kkritsilas

Reaction score
They may look like the 10 spokes, but because the centers are pushed outwards, they are for either front wheel drive, or at least modern cars. They are not variations on the 10 spoke wheels, they are different wheels that happen to have 10 spokes that are similar to our 10 spokes. 10 spokes, whether the common ones seen here, or the mexican ones with the inwardly dished centers, are 15" in diameter, although there would be plenty of interest if exact versions with a greater diameter were available (I would live to see either Snowflakes or 5 on 5 in a 17" wheel).

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I met this guy in Cleveland a couple weeks ago. He built the car for the 24 hrs of Lemons in Chicago. He got 5th in his class. The guy in a Mirada got first in his class.

Back