J Windshields

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I had a custom windshield guu quote me $795 for a custom made windshield (expensive, but I was willing to pay for that), and $500 for shipping from California to me. I was even willing ot pay for that. The part that stopped this was that he wouldn't guarantee that the windshield would arrive uncracked. At that point, I declined the offer, figuring that I already had a cracked windshield, so paying $US1295 (about $CAN1500-1600 at the time) for another cracked windshield didn't make sense.

P.S. The NAGS (i think it stands for National Automotive Glass Suppliers) code I was given was DW 913.

kkritsilas

Reaction score

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Got this back after requesting a shipping quote:

5:29 AM (2 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

The NAG # you provided below is wrong ,,, correct w/s is $495 plus freight – advise.

So we are getting close to the same run around as I got a couple of years back.

Buck Atwater

Reaction score
So just to update all this, I did get a new windshield. While I was waiting for Moparts to get back to me on a another used windshield, one of the local glass places called me back saying they could get one. I was skeptical but they didn't want a deposit so I said go ahead and order it.

Well 2 weeks later they called me and said it was in. I had it installed today. Looks great, fits good and is brand new. The sticker on it said part number DW00930 GBNPLK. manufacturer is Pilkington and made in Mexico, which is where they to ship it from, Mexico direct. Cost was about $840 cdn installed, which isn't cheap but it is new and I'm happy with it. Hope this helps someone needing one.

Buck Atwater

Reaction score
This is the tag that was on it. Interesting that it was made in 2013, so there should be a few more of these floating around somewhere?

glasstag.jpg

8T2TOP

Reaction score
Checked with Plinkington(sp) no dice not in stock but not discontinued either Sort of like walker and the ypipe deal...

Joe12459

Reaction score
Believe it or not, Summit Racing lists this part number, and they say it is available. Pilkington Classics 400044261
They list it for 81 to 83 Imperial only. Does anyone know the difference between teh Imperial windshield and the Mirada/Cordoba? I've been told it has to do with the tint.

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
Imperials had A/C standard, A/C was optional on Cordoba-Miradas. Parts numbers are listed using the standard equipment parts a no--optioned car would come with. The Imperial would have had a different part number based on having the tinted glass option of the Corada's as standard equipment to go along with the A/C. Typically tinted glass was a required option with A/C.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
So just to update all this, I did get a new windshield. While I was waiting for Moparts to get back to me on a another used windshield, one of the local glass places called me back saying they could get one. I was skeptical but they didn't want a deposit so I said go ahead and order it.

Well 2 weeks later they called me and said it was in. I had it installed today. Looks great, fits good and is brand new. The sticker on it said part number DW00930 GBNPLK. manufacturer is Pilkington and made in Mexico, which is where they to ship it from, Mexico direct. Cost was about $840 cdn installed, which isn't cheap but it is new and I'm happy with it. Hope this helps someone needing one.
AAHHH, THE SWEET SMELL OF VICTORY!!!

Back