Jacking bolt idea gone wrong

slant6billy

Reaction score
100_2567.jpg
100_2568.jpg
Ok, so mopar brakes need a f*cking sledge to knock'em off. I thought honda had a good idea. Threaded holes on the brake drum and disk. It was all good until ....... SH!T!!!!!!!!!!. Next time use grade 5 or 8 ...... AHHHHH B!TCH! I ain't done cursing yet.Worse yet: Honda front disk are held in place be two tapered seat phillips. You must use an impact screw driver. WTF is an impact screw driver? I can tell you this, buy plenty of impact rated bits You destroy the bit with each hit. So the mopar way is better. There are less," Oh I am f*cked now!" moments while working on a mopar.

100_2567.jpg

100_2568.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Sorry Captain. I get out of control when the blood pressure goes up. I'll keep it clean from now on.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Sorry Captain. I get out of control when the blood pressure goes up. I'll keep it clean from now on.

I understand completely
Nothing boils my blood more than busting bolts on a BS design.
I have a very colorful vocabulary myself.

Just keeping the PG rating is all Sir. :icon_salut:

NoCar340

Reaction score
Apparently, machining and installing hardware is less expensive than the far-more-effective method of a couple small dabs of Nevr-Seez between rotor and hub. "I are an injuneer! Trust me!"

My imp

Reaction score
Impact screwdriver comes in a set. Usually a 3/8" drive to 5/16" screwdriver bit size. You put the bit end in the screw, & while twisting & holding pressure on the body of the tool in the direction you want the bit to turn, you strike it end with a BFH. Works on the same principle as a pneumatic impact, except you supply the torque, instead of air. It'll still break bits, screws, bolts, etc.. But you can control the amount of torque by how hard you strike the tool. Use lots of Kroil (lol) before you strike it.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Thnx. Also learned to pre-load the impact to "loosen" and not tighten. Got down to the last bit and we had to use a punch to get the last screw. Mind you, that they put these on at the factory to hold the disk in place until the wheels go on. Longest brake job I ever did.

Back