Joining a new site

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Time for a change, and thought I would join a new site. Hello to those who already know me from another site, and also to those who don't. I am a great fan of the F body Mopars, having owned about 10 or so of them so far, but I also like all Mopars. I currently own "Old Yellow" which is a '78 Aspen base wagon with Super Six and A833 four speed. It is a 30K mile survivor that I bought in 2012 near Pueblo, Colorado. I found it on EB, flew out to buy it and drove it home to Pennsylvania. It had 27K on it when I got it. I'm looking forward to reconnecting with friends and meeting new ones on this site. Here are a few recent pics of OY.
Late July 2015 026.jpg
June 14, 2015 014.jpg
June 14, 2015 015.jpg

Late July 2015 026.jpg

June 14, 2015 014.jpg

June 14, 2015 015.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
Welcome. I'm a bit south of you outside Phila on the Jersey side

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Old Yellow is a time capsule. I love that wagon.
Thanks Cappy, and everyone else. There is something about OY that seems to be special. It is so unusual that it just happened to escape being used up, wrecked, rusted out, or rodded, and also in the way that I found it. The grandson of the original elderly owner said that he and his father considered "turning it into a drag car" but decided to sell it instead. LUCK! I had been literally looking for years for one like it with the four speed, and out of the blue found it on EB. When I saw that it was located in the same little town in the Colorado desert near Pueblo that a good friend of mine had moved to a few years before, I called him, and asked if he knew who owned it. Turned out to be a friend of his who bought it from the original owner's son to flip it. LUCK! I called the guy quick and didn't wait around to decide. I wanted it and I went out and got it. It was bought new in Canon City Colorado and spent its entire life in the high desert of Colorado and New Mexico, hardly being driven - only 27K, and best of all NO RUST but a bit of surface on the door hinges! It's not perfect, but an excellent driver. Below are a few pics from 2012 when I flew out to get it and drive it home.

Davids Camera 037.jpg
Davids Camera 075.jpg
Davids Camera 066.jpg
Davids Camera 151.jpg
Davids Camera 098.jpg
Davids Camera 101.jpg
Davids Camera 409.jpg
Davids Camera 439.jpg
Davids Camera 440.jpg

Davids Camera 098.jpg

Davids Camera 101.jpg

Davids Camera 103.jpg