Just an update on RMS AlterKtion

Aspen500

Reaction score
We can only hope F/M/J come around to their radar eventually. Remember when '73 and up B-body were in the same situation a few years ago.. Before that it was '63-'66 A body, on and on. It is frustrating though when so many magazines and companies think Chrysler only made cars from 1964-1972 and then stopped building cars until 2005. Dodge didn't build full size pick ups before 1994 or Dakota's before 1997 apparently. Seriously, try finding anything for a '96 or older Dakota or a '93 or older D150. Grumble, complain, grrrrrrrrrrr. Try finding a driver side inside door handle for a '96 Dakota. Long discontinued, no aftermarket and UNBROKEN used is almost unobtainium. About like finding a grille for a '78-'79 Aspen. The couple NOS ones in existence, if you can find one, are priced accordingly (and rightfully so IMO) and UNBROKEN used is not exactly plentiful either. OK, enough ranting.:D

muzy

Reaction score
While I was building my Hemi Mirada 5 years ago, I had some friendly conversation here regarding my choice of RMS AlterKtion front suspension. Needless to say, there were a few "mixed reviews", mostly relying on speculation, as nobody had installed this suspension in our cars. I promised I would post an update after I'd driven the car a while. So, five years and almost 20000 miles later, I am keeping my promise. I drive the shit out of that car every time I take it out. I haven't changed a single front end part. As a matter of fact, although I hate to admit it, I haven't greased a single part. I have had absolutely no issues, and the car still handles like a modern sports car. I have driven these cars with many other very popular front end upgrades, which were impressive, but nowhere near as dramatic a difference as this front end is. So for anyone considering this suspension, you have my real world, not speculation, experience. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a front end upgrade!
I am aware this was 2 years ago.
I visited there website and could find no product for j body.
I was interested in what the weight savings were if any.
Cheers

Joe12459

Reaction score
I am aware this was 2 years ago.
I visited there website and could find no product for j body.
I was interested in what the weight savings were if any.
Cheers
I never really considered the weight savings. I'm sure it's lighter than the stock stuff, but I don't know how much. When I ordered mine, it wasn't on the website, so I called them and they still made them. That was a while ago, though.

muzy

Reaction score
Thanks for that, looks like I should give them a call. Looking to trim some weight. Exploring many and all options.
Cheers
Just to update, made the call and the suspension kit is no longer available for the J body. He junked 5 or 6 he said.:(

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
The main thing with them is coil over suspension, rack and pinion steering, etc more than weight savings. I'm sure the whole set up is lighter though.

Joe12459

Reaction score
Thanks for that, looks like I should give them a call. Looking to trim some weight. Exploring many and all options.
Cheers
Just to update, made the call and the suspension kit is no longer available for the J body. He junked 5 or 6 he said.:(
Ugh, that sucks.

Back