WANTED Kick down linkage

Status
Not open for further replies.

moparcuse

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello
I’m Looking for the kickdown linkage to convert my 78 magnum 360 2 barrel to a four barrel. Also wondering about a kit to eliminate the lean burn system. I would like to make it painless as possible! Thanks

Camtron

Reaction score
Lokar has a kick down cable that’s very easy to install and adjust, they’re about $100; or there’s generic/off brands for about $30.
Proform and Jegs both offer small block conversation kits for the ignition. Proform (I believe they’re licensed by Mopar) kit is about $160, comes with everything but a new coil. Jegs kit is about $235 and comes with everything. Wiring instructions are clear and straight forward with both kits to make the install pretty user friendly.
I have a lokar cable and Proform ignition, no complaints or issues in the year they’ve been on the car.

moparcuse

Reaction score
I saw the cable kit, Just wasn’t too sure about it, thanks I appreciate your reply. Did you use stock intake or an aftermarket one and what carburetor did you go with

Camtron

Reaction score
I have an Edelbrock Performer intake and a 625cfm Demon carb on the car.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I've used the Lokar cable on my mopars then my Ford, great product.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
The only difference in kickdown 2bbl to 4bbl is the rod that goes to the carb and the throttle bracket that bolts to the manifold but you can modify the 2bbl bracket to work.

A lot of places have the ignition kit. I got all my parts from a junk yard van. Distributor, wiring, ecu and ballast resistor. Eventually when I had running problems I replaced the distributor with a wiring harness from the dealer which was $20 and a mopar performance distributor.

I used factory 4bbl intake and a 340 thermoquad.

moparcuse

Reaction score
E1C589C8-AB88-4E75-8846-F9759E3F917F.jpeg
Hey
Thanks for all the great information, Was thinking about selling it then rebuilt the transmission and see how clean the car is underneath I’ve decided to keep it and drive it but the lean burn is giving me issues with bogging down when you step on the pedal. So I figured a small upgrade should help the performance a little and have some fun
B450D1C9-0639-4C9D-AE5B-D68B2EE07143.jpeg

droptop

Reaction score
Just saw this on Facebook if you are on it. Even if you are not a member of that group just search for the user and contact him that way.

30666416-EA95-4389-B001-3DCA2DD4B8C1.png

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The B-body can use the more popular 1-piece kickdown linkage (the one that has a three-foot long rod) as well as the hard to find A/FMJ-body 3-piece kickdown linkage setup. Going cable is also a valid route to take. The Magnum has a lot more options than we do, here in FMJ land.
BudW

moparcuse

Reaction score
Thanks. I’m thinking it over and trying to find the most reliable way to do this once and enjoy the ride

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
The facebook link set is more complete then the other one and also cheaper. Going with an aftermarket cable setup is probably the best route if you don't know what carb you want to use because the width and location of the throttle linkage on different models of carbs can vary a bit so a factory setup might not match what you end up using.

8T2TOP

Reaction score
Might have better LUCK in the correct forum for B bodies...

moparcuse

Reaction score
A 78 magnum is a B body? Looked it up and found out that it is a b body, my mistake but I do appreciate all the help from the members that replied with an answer to my question

Last edited:

moparcuse

Reaction score
Might have better LUCK in the correct forum for B bodies...
Just looked it up and realized it was a B body. Thanks for your help but I received enough good information that helped with what I needed to know

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back