looking for old cop rims. these any good?

Ele115

Reaction score
On old cars it's different. It's not like you're trying to look like bubba the ticket writer. The wheels are popular on all kinds of cars. People buy them for Cudas, Runners etc. When you're driving a 98 Town Car and you fill it with police scanners and cop car parts, yeah... you're a nutjob. Slotted AHB wheels on an old car, not really

Ele115

Reaction score
Go with 15 X 7. the 8 inch is a huge wheel, the 15 x 7 will take a pretty wide tyre, you won't need any monster size meats on your stock body anyway. It's a couple bucks less too. My rears on the Polara are 8 inch and those are big wheels. 50's go right on without any sweat

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I know it is getting a tad off topic, but it has to do with the police hubcaps.

These caps are the original caps for my ’77 wagon.
3461450.jpg

These are the caps for police cars, and they have air holes on them.
3699152.jpg

I never did hear as to why the holes are there – but (in my opinion) they look tacky. There is nothing there to ventilate – so not sure why they are there. If I had a police car, I might even be tempted to removed them and install caps with no air holes.
BudW

8T2TOP

Reaction score
Another part # to sell?
Lug nut cooler?
Always wondered myself,but I like the holes the plain look tacky too me..

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
got a full set of police dishes. just need rims. thinking about painting the rims maroon to go with the car kinda like how the Minnesota state police used to do. police ones always looked better in my eyes. makes it look different from civillian cars. i like things busy looking so the extra holes are a nice touch https://i.pinimg.com/originals/32/9d/81/329d816a5026cfa8009bc2214393c46d.jpg

20200213_175105.jpg

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I use 15x7 cop wheels on my car trailer, they have been on there for 30 years.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
since this thread got so popular let me ask all of yall what's the clicking sound i hear from the top right side of my engine? makes the car jolt and putter sometimes. been trying to figure it out for close to a year now but i've never gotten a straight answer. the car has been acting really stupid lately with the car putt puttering when started and revved. used to only do this when it was bitter cold but its been warm here in MD with two cooler days. i don't know whats wrong with the car and i'd like to get it all figured out.
clicking sound starts and messes with the engine then goes away with a rev of the engine. been told its a PCV valve but getting thing checked out has produced no results.

Back