Man, I miss summer already

Billy007

Reaction score
Last night it snowed again, gonna be a long long winter.
mirada  curb.PNG

53ryder

Reaction score
I suspect many us in northern locations are waiting impatiently for next spring and summer to return. Hang in there!

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
We're still in indian summer mode right now that is quickly ending but we had snow last week. I'd get a lot more done right now if my job wasn't in the way.. of course then I'd have no money either.

Aspen500

Reaction score
We already had our first snow storm, and salt storm, of the season about a month ago. Of course, it all melted within a couple days but still...........Our Indian summer ended exactly 2 days ago. On the weekend, doing yard work in shorts and t-shirt. Monday we had all the doors open in the shop at work and uniform sleeves rolled up. Then it all ended early Tuesday morning when a front came through and it rained, and rained, and rained for 18 hours straight (heavy rain, 3.5" total) and it was 42 degrees at 5am, noon AND 5pm. Today, 26 this morning, 38 this afternoon (at least the sun was out), winter coats when outside, doors closed and heat on, much sadness ensues. Is it spring yet? lol

Justwondering

Reaction score
I would just about die if I lived farther north.
It got down to 38 last night and I thought I would freeze to death.
Days have been in the 70s so I can put up with this cold crud.
No rain.
We are tinder dry.
I've been working on the last 3 bolts for removing the bed off the F350 diesel so I can clean out the tanks.
And I am searching for just the right replacement bolt for the golf cart.... M10 my a$$. I've tried every one (fine, metric, coarse) and none fit.
Rats are back in the squirrel cage of the suburban.
and either the heater core or the thermostat is hosed in the Silverado.

Did get new jeans for the country wedding we are going to this week.

JW

Ele115

Reaction score
We are finally having the nice evenings, so it will kill the mosquitoes. Not in the 90's in the daytime either thank GOD. More like 82. Now I can do stuff outside and not need 7 showers a day

Sub03

Reaction score
First snow and temperatures below 0 celsius (32 fahrenheit) yesterday...:(

Man, I miss the warm summer nights behind the wheel in my Dodge.
Screenshot_20200516-232516_Snapchat.jpg

barbee6043

Reaction score
Come on down to TEXAS just now getting cool enough for stuff, we have lots of Yanks and Liberals come down. LOL
Note" Sometimes we shoot the Liberals and keep the Yanks!!

Mr C

Reaction score
I have the snows on and I'm ready to go! I drive my M's all year round. It's fun driving a V8 rear drive car in winter.
123772398_404701580531852_6979776761773542020_n.jpg

Ele115

Reaction score
It's probably fun squirting the rear end out and around in the snow. I was stationed in NY many decades ago and when it snowed heavy I went to big empty parking lots late at night and played in the snow in my car. I got really good at it.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Was 78 yesterday ...
Went to a lovely wedding.
They had the biggest longhorn skull & horns to sign...and an outdoor wedding.

Woke up this morning to 55 degrees, blustery and rain.
bleh
Cold weather sux.

JW

Mr C

Reaction score
It's probably fun squirting the rear end out and around in the snow. I was stationed in NY many decades ago and when it snowed heavy I went to big empty parking lots late at night and played in the snow in my car. I got really good at it.
Oh, yes! Fun to let it hang out every once in a while.

Ele115

Reaction score
So, you see the LeBaron ornament. This got me by surprise. I have a 78 and 81. Those birds appear all over the cars. I noticed on old photos of Imperials I had the birds must be borrowed. They are the same. Imperial was also a separate entity.

Mr C

Reaction score
So, you see the LeBaron ornament. This got me by surprise. I have a 78 and 81. Those birds appear all over the cars. I noticed on old photos of Imperials I had the birds must be borrowed. They are the same. Imperial was also a separate entity.
Yes, my Avatar is a 74/75 Imperial hood ornament, though...you can tell by the leaves around the Eagle.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
We had our last warm day on saturday and after spending the afternoon getting outdoor stuff done I spent the evening washing 4 vehicles. Early afternoon sunday the snow came and has been down ever since. I had some police light bars outside while I was getting other stuff put away and by dinner time they were completely buried.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Wow ..
and I'm complaining about 55 degrees.
It got warmer today, about 65, but with the southern winds bringing moisture up from the gulf and it being unseasonably warm we just had 34 mph winds go through here and knocked all my furniture off the veranda to the ground below...
woooo weeee
now its raining like it won't quit...
getting off the electronic devices...

ttfn
JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
OK, it can be spring now, lol! Our 3-6" of snow turned into a couple inches that melted as fast as it fell pretty much. If it had been 1/2 degree warmer, it would have been rain. Today though, 34 degrees, 100% humidity and a very light mist. The kind of raw cold that goes right through you and gives you chills. Not nice at all. :( Oh the day it's 75 again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it too soon for cabin fever to set in?:eek:

Billy007

Reaction score
Okay, got to put down one more picture to remind me it once was summer here. Off on Friday, thought I would take her out on the road one more time but only going to be like 30 degrees. Nah, next spring it is!

jpg.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Thirty is warm enough!;) The very first time I drove my Aspen more than down the street and back in 2012, after the 10+ year build, it was to the gas station a few blocks away and then a cautious couple miles up the frontage road and back home. Temp,,,,,,,a balmy 15 degrees:eek:. IIRC, it was mid December but we hadn't had any snow yet, ergo no salt either. That all came a couple days later and it was months before the car ventured out again.

Back