Manual brake pushrod

Stonekij31

Reaction score
I received the bendix style brake booster for my 79 Volare and it’s so big that I can’t install without removing my headers. I don’t even know if the darn hood will close it’s so big. It’s the correct one…I’m considering just going back to manual, but I no longer have the original pushrod and not sure where to even find one. The good news is, I have a lead on the brake linkage for a power brake set up and I DO have to remove my headers to fix a leak. Any thoughts, suggestions?

Remow2112

Reaction score
Dig around on here for the K car booster swap. It will give you a ton of room and just requires opening up the mounting holes slightly and metric nuts for the power booster. Did it on my 76 driver. Great mod and pretty easy to accomplish.

Stonekij31

Reaction score
I had already opened up the holes to install a booster that was meant for an a-body. It’ll fit through the firewall, just doesn’t seem to be clearance from the header.

Remow2112

Reaction score
Can you post a pic? Your header should be no where near the the K car brake booster. Are you running fender well headers or you engine is not in the K frame correctly.

Back