Manual window glass is loose...how to fix?

TylerW

Reaction score
Hey guys:

My '87 Fury has manual windows. The two front windows roll up and down fairly smoothly until the last couple of inches near the top, then they try to bind in the track.

The reason they are doing that is that the window glass on each side has excessively fore and aft movement...you can grab the top of the glass and move it back and forth easily.

I've been into mopar window regulators before on A-bodies, but I've been reading around on here that these (of course) are not easily repaired.

Any idea of what's broken or worn out in there before I dig into it? I prefer not to take it apart and then have to leave it that way while looking for some part that doesn't exist or something. Thanks.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I'm going to assume an '87 has the same regulators as the earlier cars (if not, I apologize for incorrect info).
The glass runs up and down on a round tube in the center of the glass. It has nylon bushings and if they are worn, broken or,,,,,,,,,,missing, the glass will rock back and forth. Not sure where to get the bushings or even if they're available.
Here's a bad picture from the parts catalog ('79)
DSCF0007.JPG

volare 77

Reaction score
Check the nuts for looseness where the screws/bolts go through the glass

Back