Metal crossmember isolator bushing kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

My imp

Reaction score
Contact seller
Does anyone want to sell or rent out a set of the metal bushings so I can mic them out. I have someone who may be interested in reproducing them. Thank you, Larry

My imp

Reaction score
Atren't they really just the rubber ones machined to installed height? FFI's look cast, then final machined. Their price is rediculous. Solid bushings.com wasn't much better, but weren't they at least steel? Heavier yes, but considerably more durable. PST nor Energy list urethane anymore so that's a moot point. I don't have access to CNC machinery so I'd be hand mic'ing myself anyhow. Poly bushings might be interested if there's a market for them. Anyone with urethane can contact him with spec.'s. Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Larry

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Mopar Performance had cast iron biscuits.
Firm Feels are cast aluminum.
U could always get some solid aluminum bar stock and make your own. The height doesn't have to be spot on. A 1/8" plate contoured to match the oval eyelet can be made out of aluminum or steel and attached to the bar stock, welded or bolted usind flat head screws.

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
I have a set from Cudazappa, but I'm not selling them. Think I got his last set

My imp

Reaction score
Mopar Performance had cast iron biscuits.
Firm Feels are cast aluminum.
U could always get some solid aluminum bar stock and make your own. The height doesn't have to be spot on. A 1/8" plate contoured to match the oval eyelet can be made out of aluminum or steel and attached to the bar stock, welded or bolted usind flat head screws.
Thank you, that's the plan. I'll try to get it as close to stock installed height as possible. I read somewhere the aluminum were prone to crack, & I may still have access to piles of tool steel. We'll see. Again, thank you.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Yeah buddy! Some metal shops got small pieces of bar stock, 6061 or 7075, they sell for slightly above scrap prices. Best luck on your project!

BHA43

Reaction score
See how much CudaZappa will sell the CNC programs for.

I checked when he was closing & I think he wanted 4 K for everything? I couldn't see the turn around on the investment. Esp. since I would have had to hire the CNC man.

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
Already PM'd Imp about sending my set to him and his CNC buddy for measurement.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Lets get some billet one piece centercap/ base made for the Mirada 10 spoke rims!!

And upper door sill mouldings....And quarter panel extensions too!!

:eek:ccasion14:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back