MidWest - roll call

Camtron

Reaction score
After seeing a Gran Fury and another 5th Ave driving around this last week, I figured I’d see if there’s anyone on here particularly local to me.

I’m out of Chicago, Illinois. Driving around an 89 Fifth Ave for my daily.

I realize the weather is about to turn for us for the season but, I’d be interested in future meets/cruises locally or in Wisconsin/Indiana; both are easy enough to get to. Last meet I went to in, Chicago was all new chargers, challengers and 300s...I was just a little out of place lol

0A00E5ED-23B7-4515-9EC0-B31E38AD5479.jpeg

Camtron

Reaction score
West Bend, WI, unfortunately my J-body is not yet a driver.
But when your Mirada is ready, it’s going to be oh so sweet...I’ve been eagerly keeping an eye on your build

Camtron

Reaction score
I was born in Rockford, does that count?
Totally. I want to try to make Norwalk next summer; then I can add, Ohio to places I can easily get to too lol I’ve only taken the car as far as Kenosha so far.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I'm in WI, way up in the Wausau area, quite a distance from Chicago. At least you have some local meets to go to, around here car shows and/or cruises aren't exactly a weekly thing. Heck, I'd be happy with more than one organized cruise a year. The one cruise there is, is awesome with 800-900 vehicles but, it's also the ONLY one and is only once a year in August.

brotherGood

Reaction score
Totally. I want to try to make Norwalk next summer; then I can add, Ohio to places I can easily get to too lol I’ve only taken the car as far as Kenosha so far.
Columbus has the Mopar Nationals every August. That's the one I go to (didnt this year though, we attended Roadkill Nights instead)

Oldiron440

Reaction score
North central Iowa near Clear lake Ia. Clear Lake has a great weekend in August with a cruise on Friday night that goes around the lake (18 miles ) that is longer than the cruise distance then on Saturday the downtown area is overtaken by a car show. As large as the cruise is it gets a little rowdy at times with burnouts and partying but fun is to be had. If bystanders get to insistent with the burnouts in a place that's not safe I carry a water charged fire extinguisher, like standing in front of the car. Sorry buddy your all wet.:)

Last edited:

Imperial

Reaction score
I'm down in Rossville, about 200 miles southeast of Chicago, and about 90 miles west of Indy, have a low mileage 83Imperial I'm about to get into. (ditch the lean burn, full dual exhaust, rear gear swap, and a color change, hoping it will be done by next summer!

Ed Dorey

Reaction score
Kansas City Mo. I've got a 80 Volare that will become a 78 Aspen R/T. Hoping to be able to drive it by next summer. Just depends on money and time lol

Aspen500

Reaction score
If you ever want to drive a ways, the first Saturday (think it's the first anyways) in August there's a huge cruise-in, in Wisconsin Rapids (about 50 miles SSW of the Wausau area). Avg car count is 800-900 and the cruise is beautiful. The organizers run it perfectly, every intersection has a squad or club member to block traffic so the cruise never gets broken up, for the most part. The entire route, which is long, is lined with people in lawn chairs watching, waving, etc. It's friggin' great! It's put on by a Corvette club so there's an excess of Vette's but also a little bit of everything else. Unfortunately, I didn't make it this year. Here's a video of the cars going by at some point during the cruise.

Camtron

Reaction score
That sounds like a great time! That nearly rounds out my summer lol wanna hit Norwalk in July, Alabama has a Mopar vs brand X drag weekend (Pontiacs took it this year), have family in Arizona so a road trip down for the Zip Tie drags will likely happen. I keep getting told I need to get out of the house...but all I wanna do is work on my car and go fast lol...still have to work on the going fast part

Aspen500

Reaction score
The times I've been to that cruise, it's been great. This past August, even though it's bright and sunny there, it was raining and storming here so,,,,,,,,,,the Aspen was stuck in the garage. Watching the video, it appears quite a few others were in the same situation and weren't in attendance either. Almost went down to spectate but didn't. It just wouldn't be the same.

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
I have owned 6 different F-bodies over the years. I currently have an Aspen and a Volare. I'm just north of you in the Milwaukee area.

45721216_2041965912490254_3482948448167133184_o.jpg

brotherGood

Reaction score
Side note, the big facebook group is actually looking to (down the road) set up area club posts. From my understanding, there are quite a few members in the Chicago/Rockford/Southern WI area

Camtron

Reaction score
Side note, the big facebook group is actually looking to (down the road) set up area club posts. From my understanding, there are quite a few members in the Chicago/Rockford/Southern WI area
That’s pretty cool. Maybe you could do an update here or on a separate thread when they have things going. I don’t have a Facebook account to have access to group pages ect...

Aspen500

Reaction score
No FB here either. I had an account but deleted it a while ago already. I had my reasons...................

brotherGood

Reaction score
I'll get with some of the admins of the group and figure out how they want to address that. I know a few people who are strictly forum, which is one of the few reasons I still try to be active on both.

Back