Mistaken Identity

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
I don`t thing there were many Rebel SST convertibles around when they were brand new, so I can see that one being mistaken for something else. Beautiful car though. I wouldn`t mind one myself.

Aspen500

Reaction score
In a high school (class of '82), a guy had a '70(?) AMC Rebel Machine and even then, some mistook it for a Plymouth.
One of these. His wasn't as nice, it had the usual Wisconsin patina for a 11 or 12 year old car.
ziomkowski-1970-amc-rebel-machine-front-three-quarter.jpg

78VOLAREWAG

Reaction score
I don`t thing there were many Rebel SST convertibles around when they were brand new, so I can see that one being mistaken for something else. Beautiful car though. I wouldn`t mind one myself.
A little over 1600 in 67 as Ramblers, a little over 1200 in 68 were AMCs.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
AMC=Mutts My 69 go pack 390-4 speed AMX was a balls rippin cool car but buying parts was crazy, glad the parts houses were not brand specific lines or id been in all of them.

GM 4 speed, and like maybe if I racall a ford like starter just as an example.

Camtron

Reaction score
When I was 13/14 years old there was a guy with a couple old Rambler/AMC Marlins. Were all sun faded and looked tomato red. One of the first fastbacks I can remember seeing. Thought they were Barracudas for a few weeks until I snuck a closer look while walking the dog one day.
Rear end is burned into my memory but, haven’t seen one since we moved out of that neighborhood.

F7983675-0710-4F61-815A-5BA254202BB6.jpeg

picklesgarage

Reaction score
very use to having my cars mistaken. not yet with the 5th but my Charger is almost always called a mustang and my Omni a rabbit or golf.

The Director

Reaction score
I remember one time, some lady happened to be walking up my block while I had the Fifth Avenue out. Since mine's an '88, it has that crested emblem on the vinyl top, and not the "Fifth Avenue" script. She looked at that, and goes, "What is this, a Cadillac?" And I go, "A Chrysler... Fifth Avenue," and she has this "ah" moment, and goes "Ah, Chrysler, alright... nice car, I like it!" and then she just keeps on walking. I was honestly more afraid of her tripping on the cement or something since she wasn't walking oddly, and I didn't need a lawsuit. Me, my friend, and my neighbor stood silently, staring at each other, and confused at what the hell just happened.

Ele115

Reaction score
Every once in a while someone will surprise you and know exactly what your car is. Not often though. Someone asked me about my Volare. It's a Diplomat. HE got the "close enough for a hand grenade award". He was a younger Ford nut so I was pretty impressed at that. Nice guy, glad to see how much people in this country appreciate old cars still. That's part of being an American, we love the old cars that we USED TO build well.

Aspen500

Reaction score
My brother had one, been so long but I thought I remember the back seats being really weird.
The rear seats are buckets and the backrests fold down flat, and with the full length console where the center armrest flips over forward, along with folding the trunk panel down and the big rear window, you've got the perfect drive-in movie car. :cool:Back into the spot, a couple pillows, your date,,,,,,,,,Ahh the good old days! lol

p92549_large-1966_Dodge_Charger-Interior_View_Seats.jpg

DCAspen

Reaction score
My nephew sent me this one day........Here's a car just like your Aspen.
kp photo 078.JPG

Ele115

Reaction score
I could almost see that though, if you weren't a car nut. A bit like a Volare coupe to the casual car spotter. I do like that Nova. You wouldn't have been able to give that away back in the late 70's - early 80's.

MoparDan

Reaction score
My Gran Fury has been confused for a late '70s Pontiac Grand Prix a few times (the color she was painted was a late '70s Pontiac though) most usually though she gets confused for a '70s car often '74 or '75 for some reason, I remember someone calling my Fifth Avenue a Lincoln, and was often confused for a New Yorker usually a '70s model

Back