Moog K7091 shaft kits

Cbodyuser

Reaction score
Who has made use of this kit to compensate for excess negative camber that cannot be adjusted out? Anyone? Were results desireable? Any sources for the kits other than Rare Parts?

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
If your shaft isnt rusted out or wore out,
Then you could just put new upper control arm bushing on your shaft.
If you do that, install new upper ball joints
K7091.jpg

while the control arm is off.

K7091.jpg

Last edited:

My imp

Reaction score
If your shaft isnt rusted out or wore out,
Then you could just put new upper control arm bushing on your shaft.
If you do that, install new upper ball jointsView attachment 4973
while the control arm is off.
I did that & then some! But, while only a few degrees, my camber couldn't be adjusted any closer. I used urethane bushings, & other than the shafts, control arms, & centerlink, the entire steering was replaced. No accident damage, the shafts are merely at the end of their travel. Luckily I always get lifetime alignments, so those look like they'd give me the needed adjustment. Moog offers adjustable upper ball joints for other Chrysler vehicles w/o adjustable upper wishbones. This looks like a better solution.

My imp

Reaction score
Rare Parts & RockAuto websites said the parts weren't available. AutoZone said that part # is for a sway bar end link. Are you positive on that part #?

Cbodyuser

Reaction score
Yes, I am positive on the part number. The shaft in the package is an offset design. It seems to be an item no longer available from Moog. At least until they decide to make another production run of them. I have had inquiries out for some for a while. Incredibly, I just got some brought to me. Some guy had found some in a load of old parts he had acquired. I am elated because my car needs them for correction of an alignment problem.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Moog #K7190 or MevoTech #MK7195 will get you offset bushings that go on the OE shafts. Don't expect the shafts to be reintroduced; the bushings essentially replaced them.

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
I did that & then some! But, while only a few degrees, my camber couldn't be adjusted any closer. I used urethane bushings, & other than the shafts, control arms, & centerlink, the entire steering was replaced. No accident damage, the shafts are merely at the end of their travel. Luckily I always get lifetime alignments, so those look like they'd give me the needed adjustment. Moog offers adjustable upper ball joints for other Chrysler vehicles w/o adjustable upper wishbones. This looks like a better solution.

OIC Now.

My imp

Reaction score
Does that TRW part look like it? It lists our year cars. At $79+ shipping a side, it's still cheaper than tires! Not to mention that the alignment would be spot on!

My imp

Reaction score
They look almost identical to the Moog units, except for finish. Wish I'd known about those before I buttoned it up! Goes against my credo; " Do it once, do it right, weld the hood close!"

Cbodyuser

Reaction score
Moog #K7190 or MevoTech #MK7195 will get you offset bushings that go on the OE shafts. Don't expect the shafts to be reintroduced; the bushings essentially replaced them.

Why do you think these are offset bushings?

NoCar340

Reaction score
Whoops, my bad. The MevoTech number is actually for the lower bushing.

Standard Moogs are K7084s. K7190s are the Problem Solver bushings. The Problem Solvers are offset for exactly the reason the offset shafts existed.

My imp

Reaction score
This item fits B and R bodies 1973 and up. Looks the same but has different dimensions.
R bodies are the same as ours they stopped making B bodies in the '70's. New Yorker, St. Regis both use the same front end as ours. McKay-Norris has them for $149 free shipping for a pair. Without a spec sheet, I'm not sure how many degrees they'll correct. The Firestone that did my alignment wouldn't let me back to check their work. They were impressed with the work I'd done (complete replacement already covered in other threads), but asked me to take to another Firestone next time! For some reason, alignment shops aren't privy to alignment finesse on ANY rear drive Mopar products. Want a good laugh? Watch an18 yr old out of Vo. Tech try to align a '66 Coronet! After an hour, I finally went back, took off the windows, inserted a wrench on each eccentric & dialed it right in! I'd just put a set of '80 Mirada disc brakes & dual phase master cylinder on a completely new front end rebuild!

NoCar340

Reaction score
The R-bodies actually use the exact same suspension as the '73-'79 B-bodies, longitudinal torsion bars & all. The R was the replacement for the C-body, which was deemed to be too large by that time. A big-block R-body was never produced, but a simple swap to a '73-up K-member makes it a "factory" swap, a total bolt-in affair.

NoCar340

Reaction score
1973, the same year the shock towers disappeared from the inner fenders.

Cbodyuser

Reaction score
Whoops, my bad. The MevoTech number is actually for the lower bushing.

Standard Moogs are K7084s. K7190s are the Problem Solver bushings. The Problem Solvers are offset for exactly the reason the offset shafts existed.

If you examine the K7190 bushings, I think you will find they are not offset.

Back