"Mopar Performance distributor ignition kit"

ChryslerCruiser

Reaction score
My Imperial has an electronic distributor and orange control module that the previous owner installed when he removed the fuel injection.

I am assuming that the "performance curve" that is sold with this distributor is not right for an imperial with a 2.2 rear axle ratio.

Does anyone know where I can find the advance curve for this unit as it was when sold by Mopar Performance? OR is it just a standard electronic distributor, and not all that performance oriented other than the orange box that came with it?

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
The MP distributor can be adjusted by inserting an Allen key thru the vacuum advances, vacuum line port.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Do you know it's a performance distributor and not just the orange box?
The curve is adjusted by changing springs in the distributor but there is also slots that control the total advance the distributor can add. The performance ones are usually setup pretty good stocked but can be tweaked for whatever application there being used in.
There are two types of mopar performance distributors. One is a factory distributor they tweaked, the newer style they started selling about 20 years ago is made by Mallory and has a Mallory advance setup inside it. If you want to adjust it you need to know which one it is.
The old style has a metal tag screwed on it on the wide part of it like stock ones have the Mallory ones dont. The Mallory one also has screws inside it to adjust the max advance but it's hard to see when its in the car. If you can take a picture of the distributor someone can probably tell which one it is.

ChryslerCruiser

Reaction score
Do you know it's a performance distributor and not just the orange box?
The curve is adjusted by changing springs in the distributor but there is also slots that control the total advance the distributor can add. The performance ones are usually setup pretty good stocked but can be tweaked for whatever application there being used in.
There are two types of mopar performance distributors. One is a factory distributor they tweaked, the newer style they started selling about 20 years ago is made by Mallory and has a Mallory advance setup inside it. If you want to adjust it you need to know which one it is.
The old style has a metal tag screwed on it on the wide part of it like stock ones have the Mallory ones dont. The Mallory one also has screws inside it to adjust the max advance but it's hard to see when its in the car. If you can take a picture of the distributor someone can probably tell which one it is.

This is just what I was looking for.. Thank You!

I have the installation sheet DCF-194CC titled Mopar Performance electronic ignition kit with Vac advance distributor.. I am guessing he might have made the swap in the late 90's or early 2000's, but I do not know and he is not around to answer questions.

I will go looking for a tag, as I am familiar with that style of distributor.. and if need be pull the distributor.

Back