Mounting the 3 piece chin spoiler- need guidance

slant6billy

Reaction score
Folks, I'm a little intimidated. I have all the parts. Not thrilled they use rivets, but I may substitute stainless hardware unless some cautions me from that. I have a few budies that have offered to help with this. Since the directions say assemble on the ground and use budies to lift up onto car. Anyone have advice or tips or perhaps video of this install? I don't want to wreck this.

All is appreciated

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
The factory used rivets so you will be 100% factory with them. Put them on before you paint the front spoiler so that they will be painted and look flat. I did mine by myself. Hold it at the two brackets that mount it to the radiator support. Place the brackets on the radiator support and install one bolt at a time. Then go to the wheel flares and screw one side in at a time.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Thanks Eric. Did you modify the round rivet (make it "D" shaped) like the directions stated for the upper one on each side? If so, how? I was just going to use electrician dykes (snips) or would a grinding wheel/ spinning grinder be a better way?

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Eric. Did you modify the round rivet (make it "D" shaped) like the directions stated for the upper one on each side? If so, how? I was just going to use electrician dykes (snips) or would a grinding wheel/ spinning grinder be a better way?
Nope leave it alone.

Last edited:

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
The factory used rivets so you will be 100% factory with them. Put them on before you paint the front spoiler so that they will be painted and look flat. I did mine by myself. Hold it at the two brackets that mount it to the radiator support. Place the brackets on the radiator support and install one bolt at a time. Then go to the wheel flares and screw one side in at a time.

What he said

-Kenny

slant6billy

Reaction score
Just to clarify the Spoiler is from FPAP Canton Ohio. Hopefully, this was the better choice for the repop chin spoiler.

If I did not screw up by purchasing a poor quality product, I may shoot this installation in Web video and post the link up.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Just to clarify the Spoiler is from FPAP Canton Ohio. Hopefully, this was the better choice for the repop chin spoiler.

If I did not screw up by purchasing a poor quality product, I may shoot this installation in Web video and post the link up.
FPAP is the one you want. Not the crappy eggbay fiber glass one from the rip off artist in Louisiana.

BHA43

Reaction score
Now, the guy from Iowa is a diff. story!:icon_wink:

slant6billy

Reaction score
OK, so I can stop with the overdosing on Tums antacids.

Back