Movie Night

Justwondering

Reaction score
Michael .... so many very, very good scenes....
Oh lord -- a man that smells like fresh baked cookied
Pie, Oh My!

Chain of Fools ...

Sitting on the side of the road

JW

slant6billy

Reaction score
A selection from my wife's sister's collection:
1219202032.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
Another "era" movie. Made in the early 80s, but portrayed in the early 60s. A sort of car movie, rock n roll movie, and urban mystery (local references in the movie)

Justwondering

Reaction score
Field of Dreams always makes me wish I had learned to properly throw a baseball....

JW

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
So yesterday afternoon (sunday), I'm watching the documentary made about locating the wreck of the Titanic.
Was very interesting.
It was followed by the movie Titanic which came out in 1997 and no I've never watched it. Seemed like a hokey plot ... we get on a ship, we wander around the ship, it gets dark, ship hits an iceberg, ship sinks.. the end.

But my brother said I should watch it.

I did.

So basically the plot is: we get on a ship, we wander around the ship, it gets dark, ship hits an iceberg, ship sinks...

But there was some of the documentary in it, some great acting by the lady that played the 100 year old lady, and the visual eye candy was awesome. So in all, while I waited over 20 years to see it, it was a pretty good movie.

JW

MoparDan

Reaction score
Yesterday they showed all four of the Lethal Weapon movies on AMC great action/comedy movies (other then all the TV editing...) Been awhile since I've seen any of them, I still think part 2 is the best of them

Aspen500

Reaction score
I saw Titanic quite a few years ago. It was a good movie but don't see any reason to see it more than once.

A lot of movies that are good, and get shown on "edited for television" channels, aren't very good after the censors get their beady little hands on them. I tried to watch Die Hard with a Vengeance (LOVE that movie) on a TBS or AMC or some similar channel, and I couldn't watch the whole thing. It sucked.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I watched "McLintock" with John Wayne and Moraine O'hara yesterday.
I saw it at the theater when I was a kid and I've seen it several times as an adult infact I saw it less than a month ago I find it's that good.

Last edited:

volare 77

Reaction score
Watched the movie Wander. It has a volare in many scenes throughout the whole movie. It even has a nice grille. I hope they at least save the grille. LOL

Ele115

Reaction score
A selection from my wife's sister's collection: View attachment 41754
I remember seeing those. A friend showed me the car in the early 90's. It was pretty much junk. It had been purple, then painted black and full of bondo. It leaked really bad from a hideous sunroof install and filled up with water repeatedly. Electrical problems galore but had a really good 340. Kind of typical of how a lot of those cars died actually. This disappeared in Burbank or that area in the 90's, scrapped I believe. There were two more, one was a 318 and they rolled it and one more black one which may be around still but really rough

Justwondering

Reaction score
Feeling blue -- 20 year old cat is dying (big surprise, but still sad)....
So...
Movie night is Jeff Dunham's Christmas Special:

JW

Duke5A

Reaction score
A little late, but my daughter built a blanket fort in the basement, so we watched Ghostbusters on a projector I setup. Going to watch the second one soon and follow that up with the animated series.

Back