Movie Night

Trey

Reaction score
I'm not a big movie fan, that is I have plenty but I'm slow to put them in.
My two favorite car movies are Two Lane Blacktop and American Graffiti. My grandson likes American Graffiti for the music, I remember him at five dancing through out the movie.
The 55 Chevy in Two Lane in my opinion is the perfect trifive Chevy and probably the only one I would build for myself.

A little more movie trivia - The '55 Chevy used in Two Lane Blacktop and the '55 Chevy Harrison Ford drove in American Graffiti are the same car. To make American Graffiti they painted the car instead of primer, swapped the wheels, hinged the trunk, replaced the plexiglass and a couple more details I can't recall to make it more period correct. I preferred the look of the '55 in Two Lane much better and thought it was also the better movie but the ending is kinda odd to me. The '55 sold at one of the big auction houses around 2015 for north of 150K. Two Lane Blacktop is also the only movie that "Sweet Baby Jane" James Taylor ever performed in.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The first one!
YES! Blues Brothers 2000 was one of those sequels that never should have been made. It's similar to Ghostbusters. First one was great, Ghostbusters II wasn't very good and the Ghostbusters remake from a couple years ago sucks so bad I couldn't watch it past the half way point. Same with Smoky and the Bandit and many other movies that a sequel should have been thought of, and then dropped before the first frame of film was shot. Of course, there's just as many movies where the sequel is just as good, or in some cases even better, than the original.

BTW, My Cousin Vinny is on tonight, on one of the Encore channels. You know, where the two yutes are accused of murder? :) The casting of that movie is perfect, although I could do without Ralph Machio to be honest.

Last edited:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
They took the tunnel ram off the 454 and put a single 4v on it and never opened the hood!

Justwondering

Reaction score
Grosse Pointe Blank ....
Finally, I've seen the first 20 minutes.... suddenly the movie makes so much more sense.

LOL

JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Saw a movie called "Star Chamber" this past weekend. It has Michael Douglas (as a judge), Hal Holbrook, Yophet Kotto, and Sharon Gless, among others. Not bad. Not good but,,,,, not bad either. Think it was from 1983. Odd part is, looks like it was made on video tape instead of film. Makes it look kind of low budget (maybe it was), almost like a made for TV movie except it isn't.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Wallis and Grommit ...
There is just something about claymation.

Although, I'm watching 'Curse of the Were-Rabbit'

JW

Justwondering

Reaction score
Tonight we have McClintock (John Wayne).

So many wonderful quotes in this movie.
Western --
and so many great character actors.

JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Mmmmmmmmmm, redheads............
th?id=OIP.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Speaking of redheads, last night I watched "Diamond's are Forever" on (of all channels) TCM. Jill St. John,,,,,,,,yum.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Chocolat ...

Fine Chocolate
French Accents
and Johnnie Depp offering to fix my door (lol) before he became too weird

JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
He did go off the deep end, didn't he? Depp along with DeNiro, Jim Carrey, and the list goes on (and on, and on, and on)

The other night I caught parts of "Live and Let Die", "The Spy Who Loved Me" and "For Your Eyes Only" on Epix Drive-In. I didn't sit and watch TV for 6 hours straight but it was on while doing other things around the house so I;m not a total couch potato, lol.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Just got the Turkey into the oven... it should be done before I go to bed.
Watching reruns of 'Monty Python's Flying Circus'.
It is much funnier with hot apple cider, cinnamon sticks, and bicardi rum.
I disguised the rum as 'medicine' by using the medicine cup from the cough syrup.
Jeeze I am so smart tonight... and funny...
lol
JW

4763C577-C59F-4933-AD5C-E0E06B95857A.jpeg

The bottle has a sticker on it for $5.99
It was an old, old bottle of rum my dad had left over from years and years ago.
Amazing how costs have changed.
Still tastes good.

JW

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
LOL, I was watching some of Monty Python on IFC also! Don't think I've seen it, other than the movies, for eons. Used to watch it on PBS waaaaaaaaaaay back in the '70's.
Right now "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" is on IFC.

Back