Movie Night

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I just watched Forrest Gump for the first time on Thanksgiving. I know a lot of people liked it, but I thought it was kind of depressing. :confused: I have to admit, Tom Hanks is a great actor though. ;)

Aspen500

Reaction score
I saw it once on TV right after it was done at theaters. OK movie but once was enough (JMO)
Speaking of Tim Hanks though. Over the weekend I saw "The Money Pit" on one of the Encore channels. That one I've seen more than a couple times. It should have been an omen though. When I bought this house and had the satellite going, the very first thing I saw on TV was The Money Pit. Didn't know it yet at that point but after I started digging into things, it turned out to be exactly the same as the movie, just on a much smaller scale.:confused:

Last evening, "Independence Day" was on some channel. Didn't see the entire thing though. Hard to believe that movie is over 23 years old already but I still like seeing it every so often.

Justwondering

Reaction score
27 Dresses followed by Pitch Black...
Its raining again today and its like the movies are bi-polar today.

Dreary day.
Just another 4 hours and I'll have the last baby afghan finished. Sigh, wish the weather would cooperate and I'd go install the sun visors in the fifth avenue.
JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Tonight on Epix Drive-In, starting right now is, Live and Let Die, followed by The Man with the Golden Gun and then The Spy Who Loved Me. Guess where I'll end up this evening, lol. Yesterday was Dr. No, From Russia with Love and Goldfinger on Sundance channel. Not as good there, what with the commercials and all. Actually, Sundance is showing the same ones again today, along with For Your Eyes Only after the other three at about 9pm (I think).

MoparDan

Reaction score
I found Another 48 HRS at the pawn shop recently I forgot how good that movie is I've re-watched it several times since then, I also found Bulletproof with Adam Sandler and Damon Wayans which I'd never seen before, I was surprised how good it is

Aspen500

Reaction score
Last evening I ran across a movie I'd never heard of before. Scanning the program guide (you know, 500 channels and nothing on?) I saw "Black Dynamite" was on EPIX Drive-In. Read the description and decided what the heck, see what it is. It was awesome! Only saw the last half of it or so and now wish I could see the whole thing. It's kind of a spoof of the '70's Blaxploitation movies and was surprisingly good, and funny too. Late in the movie Black Dynamite is in a helicopter in D.C. and parachutes in on "The Honky House" because the thing he's investigating goes all the way to the top and President Nixon, and he's there to stop it. They take all the early 1970's stuff and exaggerate it about 300%. Anyways, it's a good one to check out.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Rodney Dangerfield at the top of his game!
Yesterday, while waitng for corona test results (contact traced and,,,,NEGATIVE), I watched The Spy WHo Loved Me, Moonraker and For Your Eyes Only on EPIX Drive in. Didn't see all of each movie but quite a bit anyways.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The other night I watched most of "Natural Born Killers" again on one of the Encore channel. A bleeped up movie but strangely good at the same time (JMO). Never hurts either when the main characters drive a '70 Challenger rag top. Talk about casting against type with Rodney Dangerfield though, playing the character that he did.:eek:

slant6billy

Reaction score
The other night I watched most of "Natural Born Killers" again on one of the Encore channel. A bleeped up movie but strangely good at the same time (JMO). Never hurts either when the main characters drive a '70 Challenger rag top. Talk about casting against type with Rodney Dangerfield though, playing the character that he did.:eek:
I had a crush on that crazy chick in that movie and her role in Kalifornia.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I had a crush on that crazy chick in that movie and her role in Kalifornia.
Me too;)

"White Mule"? Never heard of it but it looks cool, especially with the Roadrunner!
Some of the best movies ever made are indie films.

One I haven't seen in a while is "The Giant Spider Invasion". It was made by a small movie studio about 50 miles north of here and was filmed here (Wausau area) and in Merrill (25 miles north) and also partially up in Rhinelander at Nicolet College. Cheesy but cheesy in a good way.

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Quite a few good or rather bad movies got out the door. Back in the day, "B" movies were a bit better than the blockbusters. The blockbusters had the A stars and writers and producers and the money. The B flicks which became the "Indie" had to have that edge to try harder.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I guess the Spider Invasion had some known actors, like Alan Hale Jr, (Skipper), Barbara Hale (Della Street) that weren't necessarily so called "big stars". I think the B-movies or Indie films can be better sometimes because they're not beholden to some big studio and aren't afraid to try something different. I kind of like the ones that are cheesy on purpose, since they don't have a budget for big special effects, sets, etc.

Not cheesy, watched "Goldfinger" a little earlier. Any Bond with Connery or Moore is good, especially Connery! "Goldeneye" is on now. It's a pretty good Bond movie, still not quite the same though.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'm not even bummed that it is literally snowing outside. Ouch... Haven't had to deal with that in a couple of years.

The simpsons is doing a parody of Hallmark movies tonight.
Season 32 Episode 10 A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas

Tooooooo dang funny. I just keep laughing.

JW

Back