Music tastes

brotherGood

Reaction score
As I sit here typing this, Im listening to a drum solo from a bootleg of the first concert I ever went to. It was Van Halen in 08..and man, I forget how good Alex Van Halen is.

So, that leads me to this..what kind of music does everyone listen to? Im a huge fan of hard rock/heavy metal. From Van Halen to Metallica, AC/DC to Avenged Sevenfold. Ive also got the "musical guilty pleasures" of Micheal Jackson, Bruno Mars, and electronic/dubstep music.

Now on the music player..Van Halen club days, playing La Grange.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My jukebox has just under 10,000 songs.
Classic rock, country, jazz from hard bop up to fusion, classical, pop ranging from the early 40's up to possibly nineties....that's pretty much when music died....real R&B, soul,.....hell man I could go on for a while.
Basically there's only two kinds of music....good and bad.
I love Van Halen I saw them when they were touring Fair Warning with Diamond Dave
Hell...that was 1981 I think....awesome show.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I like most rock music, some jazz, acoustic guitar (Don Ross, Alex DeGrassi, that sort of stuff). Can't stand most country music made after about 1975, but like genuine bluegrass. I mostlu listen to what could be called "classic rock", Pink Floud, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Eagles, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, all that type. I like some heavy metal, Iron Maidem, Judas Priest, early Metallica (Black Album and earlier) Like some modern bands like the Black Angels (especially Young Men Dead off of their first album, which is now on some movie soundtrack). A few off beat bands (Hawkwind, Enigma) and some non-classical classic music (Philip Glass), The Damned Truth (very new band out of Montreal). Never got into the punk rock thing. Real fan of "art rock"/"progressive rock" like the two above mentioned bands, but YES, King Crimson, Babe Ruth, Emerson, Lake & Palmer as well, which are complex enough that you notice different things every time you listen to their music. Like Bob Seeger a lot, too. I like a lot of early blues (Tampa Red, Blind Willie McTell. Blind Lemon Jefferson, Robert Johnson, Huddy Leadbetter (Leadbelly)), along with the earlier electric blues (John Lee Hooker, Buddy Guy, J.B. Lenoir, Muddy Waters, Bo Diddly (who stretched the definition of blues)). Big fan of Stevie Ray Vaughn and Joe Bonamassa.

Kostas

Last edited:

ramenth

Reaction score
Depends on how I feel today. Was just going through all of Sarah's CD's and getting the organized. She had 'em all in a giant notebook style CD case which drove me nuts. I'd never let her throw away the cases and finally got around to matching up the cases with the CD's.

Came across a few the other day that I hadn't heard in ages that I can't get out of my head now:

Jars of Clay's rendition of Rich Mullan's "Let me Stand."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wJ7hb8zQ-g

Steven Curtis Chapman's "Speechless"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYXHLf3QJXI

Then the switch will flip and I'll dig out the ELO CD's. For some reason I've gotten a lot enjoyment out their music lately. Them and Rush.

Mainly, though, I stick to classic rock, but I'll run Christian hard rock, too for the most part. Throw in some country, some of the old country smattered with a little bit of newer stuff thrown in.

alf44

Reaction score
classic rock from the 70s to 90s, newer country from the 80s or so to now. not much new rock out there worth listening to. but do like nickleback

brotherGood

Reaction score
The last concert I went to was Nickelback, Bush, Seether, and As I lay Dying. Bush blew me away being an opener..and then Nickelback came in and took over. Probably the best show I've been to.

I too indulge in a little of the Christian rock..I like the bands like TFK, Skillet, P.O.D. I've actually seen Skillet twice, along with Decyfer Down, and Hawk Nelson. Since I play guitar, with such heavy influences, you should hear how heavy the guitar tone is when im playing in the worship band at church.

Back