My '79 LeBaron in action

JSALeBaron

Reaction score
I tried to sell this last year on the A body page, where it was called a piece of farm equipment. I decided to build a real engine for it over the winter. It has been an absolute ball to race; not many pull a wheel stand at over 3700 pounds. 1.55 60's......she has been really fun, and she currently has me sitting in 2nd place in division 5 NHRA stock (with a couple races left). Thank God I didn't sell it last year!! I just figured you guys would get a kick out of seeing her in action. Take care, Wayne

DSC_3920.jpg

JSALeBaron

Reaction score
I love seeing these big Mopars racing. Mike Jeffrey has an '80 Mirada in Division 5 as well, and he holds the record in his class. Go Mopars!!!

ramenth

Reaction score
Of course, it was called a piece of farm equipment on FABO... :tard:

Don't get me wrong, I like FABO, but some of the egos and chips on the shoulder tend to be moronic. What's funny is that some of them accuse E-body owners of being arrogant snobs, but can't look in the mirror to see they're acting the same as those they accuse.

Last edited:

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
If that car on the other side was a A-Body,
I would resubmit the photo and say
" Heres your Farm Equipment"

slant6billy

Reaction score
Very cool. Opinions are what they are. Can you get it any lighter? Probably not much you can squeeze on that suspension, but I am wondering if a further diet ( bumpers/ brackets , etc) might get the ETs going down. Get some video please.

JSALeBaron

Reaction score
Class Racing

Very cool. Opinions are what they are. Can you get it any lighter? Probably not much you can squeeze on that suspension, but I am wondering if a further diet ( bumpers/ brackets , etc) might get the ETs going down. Get some video please.

The E.T.s would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay lower if we didn't have to run a minimum weight and nearly stock everything. I can run a class where it weighs 3580 and it does run a bit faster. This next year it will be getting a real transmission/converter and a rear suspension from Caltracks. I hope to get some video 4th of July weekend.
Wayne

slant6billy

Reaction score
What is the current converter in there now? My last F body had a 10 inch B&M and my next F will get that or a clutchflite if I can.

JSALeBaron

Reaction score
ATI Treemaster

What is the current converter in there now? My last F body had a 10 inch B&M and my next F will get that or a clutchflite if I can.

It has an ATI Treemaster converter installed, which is a great converter. I have an extra converter that stalls the same, so I'm having them open it up a little more. I'd like to trap at around 6800-7000 and I'm a little lower than that. Also, the transmission was good when it was designed in the 80's, but they have so many more go-fast parts for them now!

JSALeBaron

Reaction score
I also will be posting some of the parts that I upgraded on the for sale page. There is nothing wrong with them; I just spent my deployment money on faster stuff.

efriedrich

Reaction score
Nice Lebaron, I remember your ad and some of those stupid comments. It cracks me up when some guy with a ratty 72 scamp says, Chrysler didn't build any nice cars after 1974.

Back