My old exhaust sound video

slant6billy

Reaction score
My coworker with a 70 Cougar was doing a side by side comparison between my old exhaust 2 days ago to his flowmaster full kit 2.5 duals. The FM 40 was much quieter:

Last edited by a moderator:

slant6billy

Reaction score
That is No Slant. Ha Ha Ha!. If I had a slant that sounded like that- Holy sheet! The slant was torn out in the late 90s- not by me. Shumacker mounts on a slant k member is what is sitting there. An 85 AHB motor with some mailorder cam. My next slant6 project is going to be an early A body to get the weight down to a feather so it will fly.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That is No Slant. Ha Ha Ha!. If I had a slant that sounded like that- Holy sheet! The slant was torn out in the late 90s- not by me. Shumacker mounts on a slant k member is what is sitting there. An 85 AHB motor with some mailorder cam. My next slant6 project is going to be an early A body to get the weight down to a feather so it will fly.

That would explain it....
Sounds wicked...

slant6billy

Reaction score
It did not have a bad drone, that is. My 95 van will put a coma sensation on anyone sitting at the back at 50 mph. It was more like a roaring crackle with the Volare. The hope after the new pipes get on is it resembles the SS/T Ram- Quiet enough to start at any hour of the night and still sounded like a workhorse with no drone. Hey, when mopar performance made those SS/Ts, they got it right on that 3 inch exhaust muffler back.

aspen77rt

Reaction score
Good to hear. No pun intended. I had some flows on my 5.0 w/offroad h-pipe and it was down right annoying even with the mild Isky cam.

Back