Need an F-body education.

Locomotion

Reaction score
* On Aspens & Volares with the 1/2 vinyl top, the 1/4 windows are kind of "squarish".
On the cars without the vinyl top, they are a more conventional triangular shape.
Is the larger, triangular window still framed & used underneath the vinyl top - if the vinyl is removed? Different sheetmetal or a plug like between a standard Challenger and Challenger SE rear window?

Been looking into a '79 Aspen and was wondered if that would be an issue to convert an SE into an R/T.

* What years used the same rear spoiler as a '79 R/T and Road Runner? 3-piece?

* Are black interiors uncommon? It seems like most are red, white or beige.

Thanks

Got the right section this time! :drunken_smilie:

Locomotion

Reaction score
If I get it, I guess I'll keep it as is and put the money into more important stuff. Thanks.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
yup theres a plug with the smaller glass under the vinyl
but you can replace the plug with the bigger glass
off course then youll have to remove the vinyl and paint the roof

Locomotion

Reaction score
I figured I'd need to repaint everything if I did the conversion to a regular or R/T Aspen. But with other, more important, upgrades and changes I'll be doing "IF I get the car, I'll leave it as an SE.

Still wondering if '79 black interiors are uncommon or not. The car in question is red inside. What years would interchange? I just never cared for red and it seems to be used a lot on and in F-bodies. But I've seen some nice ones in other colors. Planning ahead, just in case.

WildCat

Reaction score
I wanted an RT with the vinyl top and square window. Seen a Roadrunner (on showroom floor) with this, but they wouldn't order my car like that.

I think it would look cool that way.

My opinion, and ordered a new 1977 Custom Aspen

alf44

Reaction score
085.jpg
084.jpg
these are the window plugs that are under the vinyl top,, any body want or need a set, i have 2 sets

085.jpg

084.jpg

Back