need help for 76 volare front end

achille11

Reaction score
hi all ,

i'm from france , owner of a 1956 chevy 3100 with a 76 volare clip front end.

i'd like to restore all the front end, but i don't find the good kit for that , or at least i'm never sure to choose the kit i really need.

if anyone can help me to find the good kit , it would be very cool from you.

picture of the truck (french style restoration)

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
I don't know much about body work, but someone will chime in.
Just to be clear... the picture you included is your truck as it is now.
That is the correct front end sheet metal, lights, bumper for a 56 chevy 3100.

But you have a frame under that (clip) that is really a 1976 volare?

Is that what you are telling me?

achille11

Reaction score
yes, it'as a 3100 body , but the front clip is from a 76 volare , much people who make rods were using this kind of clips because very easy to do , and ready to use.

i have the steering system, and all the suspension system from the volare.

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
So you have the correct outside, but are looking for the correct inside..frame/suspension, etc.

Justwondering

Reaction score
achille11 -- seems like you need to work with the chevy guys on a chevy forum. They would know the details of chevy front end. We could probably tell you how to remove the volare front end, but not sure what we could do to help you with the chevy details.

achille11

Reaction score
I think he`s actually looking for a rebuild kit for the Volare front end suspension(ball joints, tie rod enend, bushings etc). Like this Standard front end kit 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 Plymouth Volare

you're right :) (my english is very bad and it's difficult to me to explain what i need , and, shame on me , i'm working for an american company : sherwin williams..)

we can forget the "chevy" , for me it's nothing else than a volare , it's a full volare clip at the front, so i'm looking for vlare parts , nothing similar with something from chevrolet. this is the good kit for volare 76?

this is the front suspension on my 3100:
P1010346.jpg

thanx for help ! :)

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
achille11 - did you look at the link that 7t8 custom posted? Did that give you the help you needed?

78t custom - I completely misunderstood the problem. So basically, the parts he is looking for are the 'consumables' that you have at the front end. He's not looking for the frame and structure, but for the joints and idler arms... things like that. I have much to learn.

achille11

Reaction score
hi justwondering,

yes, i have looked the link 7t8 gave to me. it's what i need but the problem for me is : if you enter the year , model , and make , its tell you "don't fit vith volare 76". it's the case with the ebay link, you can try.

i need all balls , steering links , schoks absorbers, all the consumable for make a total renovation of the front suspension/steering on my truck.

the 3100 transformation with volare total front clip (subframe) already get about 12 years , and during the conversion, no parts have been changed for new. so now, nothing is in good shape , and i have ordered dropped spindles for volare (fatman fabrication) , and i have to disassemble all the suspension system to put it on, so at the same time , i want to change all the consumables parts :)

i know it's difficult for me to explain clearly the problems, but my english is very far , but i'm learning every day !

Last edited:

80mirada

Reaction score
You could give www.firmfeel.com a try. They are a good Mopar family that has been an innovator in handling improvements for classic Mopars. They offer a number of items no one else has. They are not cheap, but their products are top notch.

achille11

Reaction score
You could give www.firmfeel.com a try. They are a good Mopar family that has been an innovator in handling improvements for classic Mopars. They offer a number of items no one else has. They are not cheap, but their products are top notch.

thank you 80mirada, i just send them an email to ask if they may ship to france .
waiting now for the answer :)

maybe this summer , i will visit directly any sellers, if i can travel to nevada for holidays... and maybe choose my next truck or wagon !

achille11

Reaction score
hi,

yesterday i've received my dropped spindles, very nice job from fatman fabrication.

i'm now waiting for the suspension renovation kit , and i will renove all the front clip!

if you are interested, i will post pictures durind desassembly , restoration and reassembly !

thanks

oli

Back