Needed - Rear Door Glass Weatherstripping - 4 door

Fresh Air Inspector

Reaction score
Hello All,

The passenger rear door glass was stuck when I acquired my car (1988 Gran Fury / Caravelle). Discovered the channel that the weatherstripping at the rear of the glass sits in was corroded resulting in the weatherstripping bonding to the metal channel. Needless to say it damaged beyond repair. :-(

The design is unusual as the weatherstripping is attached to the glass via two plastic clips with pins. These pins along with the weatherstripping act as the window guide as it moves up and down the metal channel. There is no front guide for this window. It relies on the metal guide bracket at the bottom of the glass and the previously mentioned weatherstripping along the rear edge to ensure the glass moves up and down correctly.

I've been unable to find either this weatherstripping or the door glass (tinted), with the weatherstripping.

Has anyone found a solution to my problem? Or, does anyone have the door glass for sale preferably in Canada?

Fresh Air Inspector

Reaction score
Hello AMC Diplomat,

Thanks for the quick response. I checked the ad and he doesn't ship to Canada. In fact he only ships to the continental USA. :-( I will have to keep searching. Fingers crossed. :)

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I re read the ad, he only has free shipping in the US and ships to Canada via the Ebay Global Shipping Program. It's worth sending the seller a message to see if he'll just sell you the weatherstripping

Same with asking this guy https://www.ebay.com/itm/174944608916?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
That last one specifically said US only. The first one excludes most countries when you choose the shipping options.

But I agree look for someone selling the glass or parts. If they are selling the glass they might not be willing to remove stuff from it tho.

Fresh Air Inspector

Reaction score
Hello AMC Diplomat,

You are a gentleman. I've contacted the chap in the second link as he is in Michigan. My nephew in LaSalle, Ontario (close to Detroit), has a drop box in Detroit that I could make use of. Fingers crossed. :)

Plan B is to see if 10 mil Mylar (appears to be the factory material), could be formed into the same shape.

Plan C is to see if my nephew (same one), can recreate this piece with his 3D printer.

Will update this thread as soon as I have more news. :)

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
That last one specifically said US only. The first one excludes most countries when you choose the shipping options.

But I agree look for someone selling the glass or parts. If they are selling the glass they might not be willing to remove stuff from it tho.
Meh, considering the low demand on these cars, I bet anyone would be glad to sell anything

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Meh, considering the low demand on these cars, I bet anyone would be glad to sell anything

Then they wouldn't be asking the price of a door for just the glass (1st ad).
It probably either comes down to price or how long they've been trying to sell the glass. If someone needs the glass they probably need the parts that are on it too so do they say f*#k it and sell the strip for $20 and either chuck the glass or be stuck with it even longer or tell people you can have the one piece but you're paying the full price of the glass for it? Never know could get lucky too and get only the part you want.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Lot of guys on ebay have a sucker's price listed for when they catch a fish.

To me, making an offer even when there's no "best offer" option listed is kinda like asking random people out on a date. Sure, you're gonna get told no, but you get a lot of people who say yes.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Having a price that's that unrealistic also drives people away. Like you said low demand. If they were serious about moving stuff they wouldn't start so high. It's like asking someone out who "thinks" they're a 10. They might say yes but they're usually not worth getting involved with lol

Fresh Air Inspector

Reaction score
Hello AMC Diplomat,
The second ebay link you sent me ended up being a winner. The seller was willing to pull the weatherstripping / guide piece as well as the four nylon keepers off the rear door glass he was selling and sell that separately. VERY generous offer from the seller as it was not easy finding a way to send the part to me despite ebay stating that I needed to enter a US ship to address. Not cheap at $70 CAD (~52 USD), but considering that part is 'unobtanium' it was worth it. Fantastic service from this ebay seller. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!!!

Thanks for the Mopar Parts link, unfortunately the diagram doesn't show the weatherstrip / guide as a separate item. It shows the chrome channel that the guide slides in.

Nice to see a diagram with available parts and not the dreaded 'no longer available'. That website will be of immeasurable benefit in the future. :)

Thanks again to all of you for your feedback.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Hello AMC Diplomat,
The second ebay link you sent me ended up being a winner. The seller was willing to pull the weatherstripping / guide piece as well as the four nylon keepers off the rear door glass he was selling and sell that separately. VERY generous offer from the seller as it was not easy finding a way to send the part to me despite ebay stating that I needed to enter a US ship to address. Not cheap at $70 CAD (~52 USD), but considering that part is 'unobtanium' it was worth it. Fantastic service from this ebay seller. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!!!

Thanks for the Mopar Parts link, unfortunately the diagram doesn't show the weatherstrip / guide as a separate item. It shows the chrome channel that the guide slides in.

Nice to see a diagram with available parts and not the dreaded 'no longer available'. That website will be of immeasurable benefit in the future. :)

Thanks again to all of you for your feedback.
That ebay listing has been up since 2021. Guy was probably glad to make money.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I was digging around to see if anyone else had anything, and I came across an ebay seller who has tons of mopar specific fasteners. Nothing pertaining to this thread but maybe something else you might need in the future link: Security Measure

Back