New Fuel Sender Wiring Help

MiradaCMX80

Reaction score
Mopar 80 81 82 83 Cordoba Mirada Gas Fuel Sending Unit # 4051399 NEW | eBay

I purchased this fuel sender for my 80 Mirada because after testing the chassis wiring and gauge, I believe the aftermarket sender in my tank is bad. Furthermore, the aftermarket sender doesn't utilize the wire for the factory low fuel light. This new sender is a reproduction of the OE design. The issue is, the pigtail to the tank has the stock push on connector cut off, so I'll have to make my own. Can anyone tell me by looking at Ebays crappy pictures which wires go to where? The ground is easy....but where do the other 2 go? The New sender has a red and blue wire...the car has grey, light blue and dark blue. I'm praying my fuel gauge will finally work after this.

Demonracer

Reaction score
FYI, there has been an on going discussion on FABO about fuel sending units. The general consensus is that the aftermarket senders are junk. The best suggestions that came up was sending ones original sender to Wolf & Company to have it rebuilt.

MiradaCMX80

Reaction score
FYI, there has been an on going discussion on FABO about fuel sending units. The general consensus is that the aftermarket senders are junk. The best suggestions that came up was sending ones original sender to Wolf & Company to have it rebuilt.

Yup...I did read that. My car came to me with the aftermarket sender already :/

SRTMirada

Reaction score
Check it with an ohmmeter. The sender will have a progressive change in resistance and the low level warning acts like a switch.

MiradaCMX80

Reaction score
Check it with an ohmmeter. The sender will have a progressive change in resistance and the low level warning acts like a switch.

I found some more pics last night of factory senders, and I think I have it figured out. I had thought the low level would act as a switch.

Looks like the dark blue is the sender, light blue is low level, and grey is ground.

001.jpg

Back