New Mirada next week

MoparTex

Reaction score
I am going to pick up a 1980 T-top Mirada cmx next week. It has been setting for ten years and looks a little rough but the price is right. I cant wait to get it home and start work on it. I will post pics as soon as I get it. Lot's of useful info on here and I,m glad to have found this forum. Thanks guys!

mirada1.jpg

mirada3.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I remember seeing this car before. Glad to see someone is saving it!

CMX360

Reaction score
Nice find. T-top J's from 80 are very rare. From the three years they were built only a small handful were made that first year. Do her up good!

mirada80

Reaction score
Congrats, Looks great, clean straight car, and well optioned too it looks like, T-Tops, CMX, and light package with cornering lamps. Keep us posted.

MoparTex

Reaction score
Thanks

Nice find. T-top J's from 80 are very rare. From the three years they were built only a small handful were made that first year. Do her up good!

I was wondering if anyone knows where to find production totals for 1980 T-tops. I've seen totals for 81-82-83 but not for 80. I read a post on another site that claimed only 10 were made in 80 but it was unclear, it may have been 10 T's w/ 360. This one is a 318. Which is O.k. by me, I want best Mileage I can get.

CMX360

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows where to find production totals for 1980 T-tops. I've seen totals for 81-82-83 but not for 80. I read a post on another site that claimed only 10 were made in 80 but it was unclear, it may have been 10 T's w/ 360. This one is a 318. Which is O.k. by me, I want best Mileage I can get.

Yeah I've never been able to find a proper number either. From all the things I've read and been told by various "experts" my best guess would be no more than 50 or so. Thats the number that comes up most often. 81 was 472, 82 was 723, and in 83 the option was gone along with just about everything else that gave the Mirada some sack. My guess is that Dodge was playing it safe to see if there would be any demand for T-tops that year so they only invested in a few to test the waters. They didn't have a lot of money to throw around unfortunately. I would really like to see some sunroof numbers!

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Congrats on getting this car! I posted the craigslist add for this car on here a while ago. Did you get the extra T-Top gaskets the seller had posted? Were they NOS?

MoparTex

Reaction score
I haven't picked it up yet. The new top rubber is supposed to be included as well as new chrome trim for the front bumper.I cant wait!!!!!! The other is already installed.

MoparTex

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. It's odd that the t-top numbers are so readily available for 81-82-83. Nice to think I am getting a 1 of 50 made. I am so excited. Just waiting for my buddy to take me to pick it up. I am 400 miles away. It will be an interesting ride home.LOL

Back