No Yarding Tomorrow...

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Oh well.......
Was going to go to my favorite store..National Moparts to do some yarding tomorrow....but as you can see by the pic.....I don't think it would go very well......more thawing required.
Maybe next week......

4.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
Sucks man. We have a 60°F Day today. I'm fixing my kids toy wagons today and loading up the van with roadrunnermark's tools and our surplus of parts. Wagons with big fat wheels are the ultimate shopping cart for swap meets. Sunday is the first of the car season swap meet. The South Jersey Antique Auto swap meet at the Salem County Fairgrounds. Anyone in the Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland area- checkout the info at:http://salemcountyfair.com/events.html

I picked up a 40 dollar 600 cfm edelbrock carb last year and it is still in use today. I am going to try to be in live link mode with the phone. If I can spot any mopar or especially FMJ stuff, I'll try to get info posted. My carrier is Verizon and I have seen a delay when I tried this before. My kid's phone is another carrier, so I'm trying her's this time. I'm off to fix them wagons.

My imp

Reaction score
Taking orders? I'll have a 400 block, & an OD trans (auto or 5-6 psd std.) for reasonable money. I keep hearing people say they found a 400 block for $100 or less, & trans.'s for under $100 (rebuildable core). I've yet to see it. But if you see it, I'll take it. Lol

slant6billy

Reaction score
rednekwagon.jpg
wagon hickstyle.jpg
I might have to get a bigger lift kit on the wagon for really big orders. There was a vendor last year who had a built 1990 OD trans out of a van (non lock up) for 1100 with a converter. That and custom billet distributors for about 100 bucks.

rednekwagon.jpg

wagon hickstyle.jpg

My imp

Reaction score
That's what I always seem to run into. "Just had it done up!", "What all did they do to it?", "Everything", "Oh, like what?", "Everything". "So, there's a warranty then?", "Nah". Exactly, "Nah, no thanks". I don't trust the trans shops in my area, let alone the I buy, you fly swap meet mentality that abounds. Completely rebuilt, if your lucky; will consist of a bath, the easiest seals to change (maybe), friction & steels (maybe), & a band adjustment. I won't put any trans or engine in my car w/o a tear down inspection. If I'm going to go that far, I might as well rebuild. That way, I know it's done right, & everything has either been replaced, rebuilt, or at the very least, inspected & verified it's alright. Let's face it, not everyone has your best interest at heart. Once the swap meets over, they're gone. Good luck getting your money back! Really like that 440 6bbl on the engine stand at Summit Racing? At bare minimum, the heads are castings only. Popped off the valve cover breather & had a look inside, no valves, rockers, springs (obviously), nothing. Perfect $15,000 swap meet motor! Bet (if it has rods & pistons on the crank) it spins REAL easy! Right? I've yet to get screwed like that yet, but I try to be careful. Used Holley carbs, anyone? Won't buy them, they could be perfect, but then, they might not. I have the Holley that came off my "Dyno-tuned" 360 in my Imp when I got it. That thing is SOOO rich, you can't stand within 5' of the tailpipe, or it'll burn the eyes right out of your head! Looks brand new! Barely has any miles on it at all! I got 8 mpg on the highway, going the speed limit, as I had a bad HL (no digital dash unless I'd shut the headlights off, & use the 10 sec. or however long the courtesy lights are on) switch, so I set the cruise at the speed limit! That carb needs re-jetted, bare minimum. Might need a different secondary spring, power valve, who knows what else? But I could put it on the swap meet table with a $250 price tag & say it's only a year or two old, & it came off a running car! I'm not that person, but, they're sure out there. Evening news warns you about 'em every night!

slant6billy

Reaction score
5 dollar diff cover. New in the box with gasket and hardware. Chrome is real nice. The guy was a chevy guru and could not figure how he had this 8.25 mopar cover in his stash.
diff cover 8.25.jpg

diff cover 8.25.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
Other mopars included a white 5th just sitting in the front corner
5th back.jpg
5th front.jpg

5th back.jpg

5th front.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
The sun never came out and the temp dropped. It went from high 40s to high 30s by 2pm. Saw some police slotted steelies for $$$. Lots of little mopar boxes at each table. as usual- GM cock fest for the most. Funny story: My mustang budy was with me. We found Bullet style wheels at the first booth (a front 17 by7 & rear 17 by 11). Like they only took one side of the car. I figured we might find at least- the 17 by 7 somewhere in the fairground. We get to the second to last booth: There are a matched front and a back to the set we found at the first booth. A 17by7 &17&11. We hit the lottery of a find. NOPE..... it was the same damn front and back we saw when we got there. The dude at that later booth bought them from the first guy. FIGURES!

slant6billy

Reaction score
The 5th just appeared. I was driving out and the mass exit was slow. I look right and there she was just sitting. Clean and minding its own. Always liked the white 5th with the half back plush vinyl top. Real classy look with the wire wheels. Still had the center caps. My dad's had lost the centers after a while.

Back