SOLD Parting out 78 Volare

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfafish

Reaction score
Contact seller
Howdy FMJ folks. I've been on FABO for several years, as that's my main interest. I just signed up here to help anyone that might need some parts. I own some property, so when I find a vintage car that's headed to the crusher, sometime I rescue it to keep good parts in circulation. That's what is going on with this Volare. Here is the ad I put on FABO and slantsix.org.

I am parting out a 1978 Plymouth Volare, which is just about the same thing as a Dodge Aspen. I am keeping the entire engine, mirrors, antenna, some rear brake parts, and a few other odds and ends, but otherwise everything else will go. No parts priced over $50 and if needed you pay the shipping. Come get what you want, or take the whole thing for a decent adjusted price. The condition overall is hardly pristine, but it's not all beat up either. Well used but not abused would be a fair description. The worst of the wear is rust at the seam behind each door, and both rear quarter corners have damage and rust. Otherwise it's in pretty good shape. I would prefer local pickup on anything big or heavy. I'm very motivated to see this thing go away one way or another. More photos to follow in a minute.

100_2061.JPG
100_2062.JPG
100_2063.JPG
100_2064.JPG
100_2065.JPG
100_2066.JPG
100_2067.JPG
100_2068.JPG
100_2069.JPG
100_2070.JPG

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Any pictures inside of the trunk?

How does the front bumper extensions look?

I can’t see if vehicle has P/S or not.

What is condition of the passenger side grill marker lamp lens? I can’t tell by the picture.

You might look to see if it has a 7¼” or 8¼” differential.
I highly doubt it has the 8¼”, but if it does, there are a lot of people looking for that (and possibly the propeller shaft to go with it).
If a 7¼” – you might see what gear ratio differential has (if possible). A 7¼” with 2.2 or 2.4 gears won’t sell.

Is the /6 a 1-bbl or a 2-bbl. If it is a 2-bbl, you might consider setting all the 2-bbl items aside and selling as a super 6 setup (assembly).
BudW

halfafish

Reaction score
Any pictures inside of the trunk?

Yes, here you go. I need to get gloved up to clear out all the crap and get better photos, but I did shove everything aside enough to confirm the trunk is in good shape - no rust or holes.

The front bumper extensions look good. Chrome is nice, rubber is good, no dents or rust.

It does have power steering.

The grill light lens is in fair shape. I'd say it is showing its age. It has some small thin stress cracks, and one larger crack about 1.5" long. It is intact though, and I imagine the big crack could be given a dose of crazy glue to strengthen the area. It think it could be made functionally adequate.

Rear end is 7.25, no idea of gearing yet.

Thanks for the tip on the Super Six, I am well aware of their value and do plan to pull the entire setup for a new owner. That's what caught my eye when I saw the sale ad, and the immediate reason I bought the car. I just can't stand to see valuable parts getting smashed when I can put them into circulation. We all need help keeping these 40 year old cars on the road.

100_2078.JPG

100_2079.JPG

100_2080.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back